Kite (Kirsty MacColl album)
|Studio album by |
|Released||8 May 1989|
|Genre||Alternative rock, pop rock, folk rock, country rock, blues rock|
|Kirsty MacColl chronology|
Kite is the breakthrough second album by Kirsty MacColl, released in 1989. Produced by her then-husband Steve Lillywhite, it was her first album for Virgin Records. The album included MacColl's hit cover of The Kinks' "Days", as well as two tracks written with Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr. The album was re-released in 2005 with five bonus tracks and alternate mixes of 4 songs on the album. On 6 October 1989 it was certified silver by the BPI.
All tracks composed by Kirsty MacColl; except where indicated.
Original track listing:
- "Innocence" 4:09 (MacColl, Pete Glenister)
- "Free World" 2:38
- "Mother's Ruin" 3:57
- "Days" 3:00 (Ray Davies)
- "No Victims" 3:50
- "Fifteen Minutes" 3:12
- "Don't Come the Cowboy with Me Sonny Jim!" 3:47
- "Tread Lightly" 3:20
- "What Do Pretty Girls Do?" 2:37
- "Dancing in Limbo" 2:51
- "The End of a Perfect Day" 3:23 (MacColl, Johnny Marr)
- "You and Me Baby" 2:31 (MacColl, Marr)
Bonus tracks on the CD re-issue:
- "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby" 2:50 (Morrissey, Marr)
- "La Forêt de Mímosas" 3:36
- "Complainte Pour Ste Catherine" 3:33 (Anna McGarrigle, Philippe Tatartchef)
- Kirsty MacColl - vocals, guitar, acoustic bass, steel guitar, autoharp, percussion
- Mark Berrow - violin
- Stuart Brooks - trumpet
- Paul Crowder - percussion, tambourine
- Ben Cruft - violin
- James Eller - bass
- Mel Gaynor - drums
- Wilfred Gibson - violin
- Roy Gillard - violin
- David Gilmour - guitar on "No Victims" & "You and Me Baby"
- Pete Glenister - guitar
- Malcolm Griffiths - trombone
- Steve Lillywhite - bass on "Fifteen Minutes"
- Robbie McIntosh - guitar on "Mother's Ruin", "Free World" & "Fifteen Minutes"
- Johnny Marr - guitar, harmonica
- Yves N'Djock - guitar, vocals
- Pino Palladino - bass
- Guy Pratt - bass
- Jamie Talbot - tenor saxophone on "Fifteen Minutes"
- Philip Todd - clarinet on "Fifteen Minutes"
- Fiachra Trench - string & brass arrangements
- Steve Turner - harmonica, guitar, effects on "Don't Come the Cowboy"
- Dave Woodcock - violin
- Gavyn Wright - violin
- Guy Barker - trumpet
- Colin Stuart - guitar
- David Palmer - drums, percussion
|Swedish Albums Chart||48|
|UK Albums Chart||34|
- Allmusic review
- "Kirsty MacColl: Kite : Music Reviews : Rolling Stone". 8 January 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-01-08.
- "Platinum Awards Content".
- Steffen Hung. "Kirsty MacColl - Kite". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2019-07-29.
- "KIRSTY MACCOLL | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". Officialcharts.com. 2012-12-31. Retrieved 2019-07-07.
- Kite at Kirsty MacColl.com
|This 1980s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|