Kite Museum (Melaka)
|Location||Melaka City, Melaka, Malaysia|
The museum building was originally constructed in the 1960s, believed to be built on top of the ruins of Dutch building. It was initially used as the Melaka Historical City Municipal Council building. The Kite Museum was officially opened September 1995 by then Melaka Chief Minister Mohd Zin Abdul Ghani in conjunction with the Regional Malay Customs seminar.
The museum displays various aspects of kites, such as communication, use as weapons, sport, leisure activities, how different countries make kites, different materials to make kites, role of kites in the life of people etc. It also displays the Wau Gallery, Traditional Games, Top Spinning Gallery and Datuk Wira Haji Md Borhan bin Yaman Gallery.
The museum opens everyday from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- "Virtual Museum Melaka". virtualmuseummelaka.com.
- "PERZIM - Kite's Museum". PERZIM. Archived from the original on 2015-07-10.
- "Kite Museum". goMelaka.
- Ibrahim Mohd Noor. "Muzium-muzium Di Negeri Melaka -MyRokan". myrokan.com.
- "PERZIM - Statistik Pelawat Muzium". PERZIM.
- "Museum". melaka.gov.my. Archived from the original on 2015-10-27.
- "PERZIM - Harga Tiket". PERZIM.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kite Museum (Melaka).|