|State||Kingdom of Denmark|
|Postal code||3950 Aasiaat|
Kitsissuarsuit (old spelling: Kitsigsuarssuit) is a settlement in the Avannaata municipality in western Greenland. The settlement was formerly founded in 1830 as Hunde Ejlande or Dog's Island, although it had already been used as a whaling station since 1817. Its population was 79 in 2010.
Air Greenland serves the village as part of government contract, with winter-only helicopter flights from Kitsissuarsuit Heliport to Aasiaat Airport. Settlement flights in the Disko Bay region are unique in that they are operated only during winter and spring.
During summer and autumn, when the waters of Disko Bay are navigable, communication between settlements is by sea only, serviced by Diskoline. The ferry links Kitsissuarsuit with Aasiaat and Qeqertarsuaq on Disko Island.
The population of Kitsissuarsuit has decreased by over 37 percent relative to the 1990 levels, and by over 28 percent relative to the 2000 levels.
- Ross, James. Narrative of a Second Voyage in Search of a North-west Passage, and of a Residence in the Arctic Regions During the Years 1829, 1830, 1831, 1832, 1833. A.W. Webster, 1835.
- Qaasuitsup Municipality (in Danish)
- Statistics Greenland Archived 2011-08-12 at the Wayback Machine. (in Danish)
- Aasiaat Museum[permanent dead link]
- "Booking system". Air Greenland. Archived from the original on 22 April 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- Diskoline timetable Archived 2009-05-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- Statistics Greenland Archived 2011-08-12 at the Wayback Machine.