Kittanning Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
Kittanning Township, Pennsylvania
Kittanning Township fire hall
Map of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania highlighting Kittanning Township
Map of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
|• Total||30.79 sq mi (79.76 km2)|
|• Land||30.71 sq mi (79.54 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.21 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||72.32/sq mi (27.92/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Kittanning Township is located in central Armstrong County several miles east of the Allegheny River and does not border the borough of Kittanning, the county seat. According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 30.8 square miles (79.8 km2), of which 30.7 square miles (79.5 km2) is land and 0.077 square miles (0.2 km2), or 0.27%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,359 people, 871 households, and 662 families residing in the township. The population density was 76.8 people per square mile (29.7/km²). There were 915 housing units at an average density of 29.8/sq mi (11.5/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.49% White, 0.08% African American, and 0.42% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.64% of the population.
There were 871 households, out of which 33.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.5% were married couples living together, 8.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.9% were non-families. 19.6% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.65 and the average family size was 3.06.
The township median age of 39 years was slightly less than the county median age of 40 years. The distribution by age group was 24.0% under the age of 18, 8.4% from 18 to 24, 30.1% from 25 to 44, 23.9% from 45 to 64, and 13.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females, there were 93.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.1 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $35,642, and the median income for a family was $39,911. Males had a median income of $31,614 versus $19,500 for females. The per capita income for the township was $14,979. About 9.0% of families and 12.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 16.3% of those under age 18 and 10.2% of those age 65 or over.
- Heilman Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
- Rupp Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Saint Johns Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Shotts Cemetery
- Simpson Church Cemetery
- United Rockville Lutheran Cemetery
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Kittanning township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 1, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Atlas of Armstrong County Pennsylvania, page 47". Pomeroy, Whitman & Co. 1876. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- Robert Walter Smith (1883). "History of Armstrong County Pennsylvania, Chapter 6, page 179" (PDF). Chicago: Waterman, Watkins. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
- "Heilman Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Rupp Lutheran Church Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Saint Johns Lutheran Church Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Shotts Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Simpson Church Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "United Rockville Lutheran Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kittanning Township, Pennsylvania.|