Kitten Natividad in 2014.
Francesca Isabel Natividad|
13 February 1948
Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua State, Mexico
|Other names||Francesca 'Kitten' Natividad, Francesca Natividad, Frances Natividad|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
Kitten Natividad (born Francesca Isabel Natividad in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua State, Mexico; 13 February 1948) is a Mexican American film actress, exotic dancer and porn star, noted for her 44-inch chest and appearances in cult films by her ex-partner, director Russ Meyer.
Francesca Isabel Natividad was born on February 13, 1948, in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua State, Mexico, as the eldest of nine children, and she did not speak English until she was 10 years of age; this was in 1958. At that time, her mother married a U.S. citizen and they moved to Texas. Natividad attended high school in El Paso, where she was her senior class president.
After moving to California, Natividad worked as both a maid and a cook for Stella Stevens, and then as a key-punch operator for IBM, before eventually turning to go-go dancing to make ends meet. At this time, she adopted the stage name of "Kitten" Natividad, which came from her shyness. In 1969, at the age of 21 years, she had her first breast implant surgery in Tijuana (where it was legal) on the advice of her agent.
Francesca, by then known mainly as Kitten Natividad, was introduced to Russ Meyer by fellow dancer Shari Eubank, a performer in Meyer's 1975 film Supervixens. Meyer hired her to narrate his movie Up! In it, she was shown sitting nude in a tree, quoting the poetry of Hilda Doolittle, and acting as a Greek chorus to the nonsensical action. Meyer was so impressed he wanted her to star in his next feature, Beneath the Valley of the Ultra-Vixens, one of several collaborations between Meyer and film critic Roger Ebert. He paid for a second breast enhancement and voice lessons to eliminate her accent. Due to the tragic results of her breast enhancement surgeries she deeply regretted what she was talked into doing. She left her husband for Meyer during the filming, and they lived together as a couple for most of the next 15 years.
After this, Natividad moved into pornographic modeling, mainly doing glamour or girl-girl shoots with the likes of Candy Samples, Uschi Digard, and Patty Plenty. The appearances increased her dancing income many times over. She incorporated a giant champagne glass into her act, similar to such as Lili St. Cyr had used, accompanied by the Bobby Darin hit "Splish Splash." She appeared as a guest on The Dating Game, one of a number of game shows that Chuck Barris produced.
During the 1980s, Natividad began appearing in pornographic productions, initially limiting her performances to appearing topless. Eventually, however, she graduated to engaging in hardcore performances, usually with younger men and women. She also founded the private photo and video studio called "The Kitten Klub." She famously appeared as a stripper at the bachelor party held by Sean Penn to celebrate his 1985 marriage to Madonna.
In 2001, Natividad starred in the cult film comedy The Double-D Avenger, directed by William Winckler, and in it, she was reunited with fellow Russ Meyer "repertory" stars actress Haji (from Meyer's Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!) and Raven De La Croix from Meyer's film Up! In The Double-D Avenger, Kitten Natividad played Chastity Knott, a woman who becomes a busty costumed crime fighter.
In pop culture
- Señora Natividad appeared on The Gong Show in the late 1970s and on The Dollar-Ninety-Eight Beauty Show, both of which, like The Dating Game, were produced by Chuck Barris. (Barris hosted The Gong Show; Rip Taylor hosted The Dollar-Ninety-Eight Beauty Show; and Jim Lange hosted The Dating Game.)
- She appeared in a 1980s music video for Mitch Ryder's version of the song "When You Were Mine," which was written and composed by Prince.
- In August 2006, Señora Natividad appeared in a Playboy layout, "The History of Bikinis."
In October 1999, Natividad underwent double-mastectomy surgery for treatment of breast cancer. After her breasts were removed, it was discovered that the silicone that had been used in her implants when she had undergone her 1969 surgery was of an industrial grade rather than a surgical grade. She subsequently underwent corrective surgery, and this brought her closer to the size that her fans remembered her having been. As of early August 2016, she was living alone with a pit bull and three cats, all of which were featured in the 2005 documentary movie Pornstar Pets, and she continued to support herself with sales of her porn videos and phone sex. She appeared in the Adam Rifkin independent feature A Night at the Golden Eagle; according to her, Rifkin remembered recognizing her when their cars were both stopped at the same stoplight 25 years earlier.
Kitten Natividad has appeared in more than 65 films and video productions. Career highlights and major studio features include:
- The New Centurions (1972)
- Up! (1976)
- Beneath the Valley of the Ultra-Vixens (1979)
- Airplane! (1980) (uncredited)
- Deep Jaws (1976)
- Airplane II: The Sequel (1982) (uncredited)
- The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982) (uncredited)
- My Tutor (1983)
- Night Patrol (1984)
- The Wild Life (1984)
- Takin' It Off (1985)
- Bodacious Ta'Tas (1985)
- An Evening With Kitten (1985)
- The Tomb (1986)
- Takin' It All Off (1987)
- Another 48 Hrs. (1990)
- 40 The Hard Way (1990)
- United Trash (1996)
- Die 120 Tage von Bottrop (1997)
- The Double-D Avenger (2001)
- Night at the Golden Eagle (2002)
- Nightbeats (2009)
- Fags in the Fast Lane (2017)
- Jessica Berens (July 22, 2001). "Return of the Ultravixens!". London: The Observer. Retrieved 2007-02-08.
- Chris Beyond (August 2002). "the no-fi "interview" with Kitten Natividad". No-Fi Magazine. Archived from the original on 2006-12-14. Retrieved 2007-02-08.
- "Kitten Natividad bio". Photoclub.com. Retrieved 2007-02-08.
- "Shari Eubank". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2007-02-08.
- Roger Ebert (April 1, 2005). "Breast in show". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2007-02-08.
- "Variety article". Variety.
- Category: Movie Reviews. "The Best in Horror Since 2002". HorrorTalk. Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- "KITTEN NATIVIDAD UNDERGOES BREAST SURGERY". Adult Video News. October 27, 1999. Archived from the original on July 7, 2012. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Scott Shrake. "Kitten Natividad interview". UsedWigs.com. Archived from the original on 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2007-02-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kitten Natividad.|