Kittredge in 2014
Location in Jefferson County and the state of Colorado
|• Total||1.9 sq mi (5 km2)|
|• Land||1.9 sq mi (5 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||6,906 ft (2,105 m)|
|• Density||502.1/sq mi (190.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0182086|
Kittredge is located at (39.656020, -105.299325).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 954 people, 400 households, and 256 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 492.4 people per square mile (189.9/km²). There were 426 housing units at an average density of 219.9 per square mile (84.8/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.75% White, 0.21% African American, 1.36% Native American, 0.21% Asian, 0.73% from other races, and 0.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.83% of the population.
There were 400 households out of which 32.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.3% were married couples living together, 8.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.0% were non-families. 23.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.39 and the average family size was 2.84.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 24.5% under the age of 18, 5.3% from 18 to 24, 40.6% from 25 to 44, 25.4% from 45 to 64, and 4.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 99.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $55,982, and the median income for a family was $57,143. Males had a median income of $38,571 versus $31,000 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $29,455. About 3.2% of families and 2.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.5% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank. Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 29.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.