Placement on map is approximate
|• Mayor||Mamerito Mugerwa|
|• MP||Ibrahim Semujju Nganda|
|Elevation||3,870 ft (1,180 m)|
Kitukutwe is bordered by Nakasajja to the north, Kasaayi, in Mukono District to the east and Nsasa to the south. Kigulu and Bulindo lie to the southwest and Nakweero and Kabubbu lie to the northwest. This location lies approximately 23.5 kilometres (14.6 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in the country. The coordinates of Kitukutwe are:0° 27' 0.00"N, 32° 40' 12.00"E (Latitude:0.45000; Longitude:32.67000).
Prior to 2001, Kitukutwe was a residential and farming village. In 2001, a law was passed, incorporating the village into the newly created Kira Municipality, the second largest urban center in Uganda, with a population of 313,761 according to the 2014 national census. During the 21st Century Kitukutwe has developed into a middle-class residential neighbourhood, with planned housing developments and large private farms and ranches. Kitukutwe is connected to the national power grid and to the water pipeline of the National Water and Sewerage Corporation.
Points of interest
These are some of the points of interest in or near Kitukutwe:
- Riverside Acres Kitukutwe Housing Estate - A planned residential development by Riverside Acres Limited, a private real estate development company.
- Jomayi Kigulu Housing Estate - A planned residential development by Jomayi Estates Limited, a private real estate development company. Housing estate located in nearby Kigulu.
- Akright Nsasa Housing Estate - A planned residential development by Akright Projects Limited, a private real estate development company. Housing estate located in nearby Nsasa Village.
- Estimated Road Distance Between Kampala And Kitukutwe With Map
- Google (4 July 2015). "Location of Kitukutwe At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 4 July 2015.