Screenshot of Kivio 1.4.2
|Stable release||3.0.1 (21 March 2017) [±]|
|Operating system||Unix-like, Windows|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Flow is a flowcharting and diagramming application for the Calligra Suite and has a user interface that is similar to Microsoft Visio. It is fully integrated into Calligra and can for example be embedded into Calligra Words.
- Scriptable stencils using Python.
- Support for Dia stencils.
- Plugin framework for adding more functionality.
Kivio was originally developed by theKompany who brought the source code of a Linux-only version into KOffice under GPL. A proprietary version also compatible with Mac OS X 10.3 and Windows 9x–XP was also released under the name Kivio mp. The last release of Kivio mp was version 3.0, made in December 2004. That release was based on Qt 3.
The GPL versions followed the version scheme of KOffice. The last stable version was 1.6.3, released on June 8, 2007. Since then Kivio continued to be developed without maintainer and no stable releases seeing the light of day.
After the split of the KOffice developer community in 2010, the Kivio code was imported into the newly formed Calligra project and picked up by a new maintainer who renamed the application to Calligra Flow. A stable release was made along with the rest of Calligra Suite 2.4.
- "Releases - KDE/calligra". Retrieved 30 May 2017 – via GitHub.
- "Kivio mp – FAQ". theKompany.com. Archived from the original on 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- According to the file date stamps of the Windows demo version from "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-11. Retrieved 2012-04-09.
- "Kivio mp – Overview". theKompany.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "KOffice 1.6.3 Released". KDE.news. 2007-06-13. Retrieved 2012-05-01.[permanent dead link]
- "KOffice arbitration is finished". Mail.kde.org. Retrieved 2012-05-01.