This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
October 17, 1954|
Naha, Okinawa, Japan
|Native name||新垣 清 Arakaki Kiyoshi|
Kiyoshi Arakaki (新垣 清 Arakaki, Kiyoshi, October 17, 1954) is a karate practitioner, historian, novelist and the founder of Okinawa Karate-Do Muso-Kai, as well as an author of over 11 books.
- October 17, 1954: Kiyoshi Arakaki was born as the first son of Dr. Seiei Arakaki and Yoshiko Arakaki in Naha, the capital city of Okinawa, Japan.
- 1967: At the age of 13 Kiyoshi Arakaki was introduced to Shōshin Nagamine's Matsubayashi-ryū.
- 1973: Graduated from Naha High School, Okinawa.
- 1977: Travelled to the United States.
- 1977: Taught self-defense at Graceland University.
- 1979: Worked for Mother Theresa's "Missionaries of Charity" in Kolkata, India
- 1982: Founded Muso-Kai Karate-Do and opened his first dojo in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Understand the original meaning of Okinawan Karate Kata and its names.
Spread Okinawan Karate and Okinawa Kobudo (Weapons).
Understand the correct thought and body movement of martial arts.
The Inner Physical Dynamic System (Gamaku)
Imaginary Center of Gravity (Balance in Unbalance)
The Inner Physical Dynamic System applied. Using the principles of the Inner Physical Dynamic System you can concentrate the full force of your body weight into your technique. By using isolated muscles to shift your weight you can exert overwhelming force with minimal effort to be applied to a strike, kick, throw or to offset the opponent's center of balance regardless of size ratio.
Walking in the Martial Arts (Gravity Applied)
Walking is free falling to your imaginary center of gravity. Applying this principle allows you to move in any direction without your initial movement being detected. By using gravity and "falling" into your attack you can deliver much faster and more powerful techniques with minimal effort.
Since its founding in 1982 Arakaki has worked to establish Muso-Kai Karate into the international community. With its headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah, Muso-Kai Karate also has clubs in Los Angeles, Vietnam, and all over Japan.
- November 15, 2012 Arakaki spoke on "Karate in East" at a lecture organized by Industrial -Social Department of Ritsumeikan University.
- May 23, 2013 Arakaki spoke on "Physical Thought of Japan and East" at a lecture organized by Industrial -Social Department of Ritsumeikan University.
- November 11, 2013 Arakaki spoke on "Karate as Methodology" at a lecture organized by Global Media Study's Department at Komazawa University.
- November 18, 2013 Arakaki spoke on "Physical Thought of Japan and East" at a lecture organized by Industrial -Social Department of Ritsumeikan University.
- November 18, 2013, Arakaki spoke about the body procedure of "Shuri-Te (Okinawan Traditional Karate)" at a lecture organized by the Normal Walk (Standard Walking) Body Institute carried out at Ritsumeikan University Kinugasa Campus.
- December 1999 Killer Fist (Satsuken)
- February 2000 The Secrets of Okinawan Karate
- January 2001 The Secret of Okinawan Karate Part 2）
- December 2002 The Secrets Of Okinawan Karate (Englis version)
- May 2003 The Secret of Okinawan Karate Part 3]
- August 2004 Monkey (Story of Choki Motobu)
- March 2004 Los Secretos Del Karate De Okinawa: Esencia Y Tecnicas (The Secrets Of Okinawan Karate Spanish version)
- January 2006 La Potenza Segreta Del Karate Di Okinawa. Principi E Tecniche delle Origini (The Secrets Of Okinawan Karate Italian version)
- September 2011 The Secret of Okinawan Karate Part 4
- December 2011 The History of Okinawan Karate-Do "The Verification of Martial Arts in the Ryukyu Kingdom Era of Okinawa."
- 2013 May Elucidation Of Pinan or Heian ( The Explanation Of Okinawa Karate As A Method Of Martial Arts )
- August 2013 The Essence Of Naifanchi
- April 2014 The Essence Of Pinan
- ^ http://ameblo.jp/kiyoshiarakaki/entry-11365717764.html
- ^ Normal walk (standard walking) body Institute
- ^The body Procedure of Shuri-Te (Okinawan traditional Karate)
- ^ Killer Fist (Satsuken)
- ^ The Secrets of Okinawan Karate
- ^ The Secrets of Okinawan Karate Part 2
- ^ The Secrets Of Okinawan Karate (Essence and Techniques ) English
- ^ The Elucidation Of Pinan or Heian ( The Explanation Of Okinawa Karate As A Method Of Martial Arts )