Kizz My Black Azz
|Kizz My Black Azz|
|EP by MC Ren|
|Released||June 30, 1992|
|Recorded||January 1991 – May 1992|
|Studio||Audio Achievements, Torrance, California|
|MC Ren chronology|
|Singles from Kizz My Black Azz|
Release and reception
|Entertainment Weekly||B- |
|Los Angeles Times|||
The EP received critical acclaim from music critics and was a commercial success, debuting number 12 on the US Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 342,000 copies. Two months later it was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on September 1, 1992, for sales over one million copies. As of 2015 the EP has sold 1,406,000 copies.
|1.||"Intro: Check It Out Ya'll"||DJ Bobcat||2:01|
|2.||"Behind The Scenes"||DJ Bobcat||4:37|
|3.||"Final Frontier"||DJ Bobcat||4:11|
|4.||"Right Up My Alley"||DJ Bobcat||5:37|
|5.||"Hounddogz"||The Torture Chamber, DJ Train, MC Ren||4:34|
|6.||"Kizz My Black Azz"||DJ Bobcat||4:18|
- Bobby Ervin – producer
- Brian Gardner – mastering
- Dean Karr – photography
- Clarence Lars – producer
- Dino Paredes – art direction, design
- Lorenzo Patterson – main artist, producer
- Mike Sims – bass, guitar
- Donovan Smith – mixing
- Eric Wright – executive producer
- The Torture Chamber – producers
- Nelson, Havelock (July 4, 1992). "Sister Souljah Becomes Front-Page News, But Her Raps Remain Unremarkable". Billboard. Vol. 104 no. 27. p. 21.
- Kellman, Andy. Kizz My Black Azz at AllMusic
- Bernard, James. Review: Kizz My Black Azz. Entertainment Weekly.
- Gold, Jonathan. Review: Kizz My Black Azz.
- Johnsen, Brett. Review: Kizz My Black Azz.
- RapReviews review