Kjell A. Nordström
Born in Skärholmen, a suburban district in southern Stockholm, Nordström grew up on a small island in the Finnish Åland archipelago. His parents returned to Sweden in the 1960s. He was first educated as an engineer and thereafter commenced studies at the Stockholm School of Economics where he earned a Ph.D. in 1991.
Until 2004 he was an Assistant Professor at the Institute of International Business (IIB) at the Stockholm School of Economics. His research and consulting focus is in the areas of strategic management, multinational corporations and globalization. He has served as an advisor/consultant to several large multinationals and to the government of the United Kingdom.
Today, Nordström and Ridderstråle work as professional public speakers in the field of strategic management. The 2005 Thinkers 50, the bi-annual global ranking of management thinkers, ranked Nordström and Ridderstråle at number nine internationally and number one in Europe.
In 2000 the book Funky Business - Talent Makes Capital Dance, which was written by Kjell A. Nordström and his colleague Jonas Ridderstråle, was published. The book, which is described as a "manifesto of what our time requires from business firms and their leaders", became an international best-seller and has to date been translated into 33 languages. In 2000, both Amazon.co.uk and the webzine Management General rated it as one of the five best business books of the year. Another survey ranked it as the 16th best business book of all time.
In 2003, the follow-up Karaoke Capitalism - Management for Mankind, also written together with Jonas Ridderstråle, was published. The book, which also became an international success, has to date been contracted for publication in 23 languages. In March 2004, Nordström and Ridderstråle appeared on CNN's program Global Office for an extensive interview on the ideas behind Karaoke Capitalism.
- Ridderstrale, Jonas; Wilcox, Mark (2009). Re-energizing the Corporation: How Leaders Make Change Happen. ISBN 9780470687390.
- Ridderstråle, Jonas; Nordström, Kjell A (2007). Funky Business Forever: How to Enjoy Capitalism. ISBN 9780273714132.
- Ridderstråle, Jonas; Nordström, Kjell A (2005). Karaoke Capitalism: Daring to Be Different in a Copycat World. ISBN 9780275986896.
- Nordström, Kjell A.; Ridderstråle, Jonas (2000). Funky business: Talent makes capital dance. ISBN 9780273659075.
- Nordström, Kjell A; Institutet För Internationellt Företagande, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm (1991). The internationalization process of the firm: Searching for new patterns and explanations. ISBN 9789197100571.
- Vahlne, Jan-Erik; Nordström, Kjell A (1986). Global Oligopolies and the Advantage Cycle.
- Vahlne, Jan-Erik, and Kjell A. Nordström (1992). Is the globe shrinking: Psychic distance and the establishment of Swedish sales subsidiaries during the last 100 years.
- "Kjell A Nordstrom - Personally Speaking Bureau". Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Management Guru's". Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Jonas Ridderstrale - Personally Speaking Bureau". Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "The Thinkers50 Ranking 2005 - Thinkers 50". Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "CNN.com - Drowning out 'karaoke capitalism' - Mar 31, 2004". Retrieved 15 May 2015.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Kjell A. Nordström|