||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
2 March 1963 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||174 lb (79 kg; 12 st 6 lb)|
|Played for||Timrå IK
|NHL Draft||82nd overall, 1981
In his first season in the NHL he played 77 games and scored 32 goals and 71 points, tying a club record for points by a rookie that was set by countryman and teammate Mats Näslund and also setting a club rookie goals record. His point total made him the top scoring rookie that season but an outstanding season by first-year defenceman Gary Suter kept Dahlin from capturing the rookie of the year honors, though he was named to the NHL All-Rookie Team. Despite his scoring ways during the regular season, Dahlin was held to just two goals and five points in the playoffs, while the Canadiens went on to win the Stanley Cup in 1986.
In his second season injuries limited Dahlin to just 41 games and his point total dropped to 20. In 1987–88, Dahlin's third year, injuries again limited him as he played just 48 games this time scoring 25 points.
Back to Sweden
With diminishing returns and bad luck on the injury front, Dahlin opted to return to Sweden for the 1988–89 campaign. Dahlin rejoined Färjestads BK, the Swedish Elite League club team he spent three seasons with before joining Montreal. Dahlin played six seasons with them then retired from the game in 1994.
Dahlin only played 11 games with the Swedish national team, and never played with them in any big tournament.
- Kjell Dahlin's profile, stats and NHL game log at the National Hockey League website
- Kjell Dahlin's profile and stats (with image holding the Stanley Cup) at Elite Hockey Prospects
- Kjell Dahlin's profile and stats at European Hockey.Net
- Kjell Dahlin's profile and stats at the Internet Hockey Database
- Kjell Dahlin's "Legends of Hockey" profile and stats at the Hockey Hall of Fame website
- Kjell Dahlin's "Legends of Hockey" gallery image (playing for the Montreal Canadiens)