Kléber Laube Pinheiro
|Full name||Kléber Laube Pinheiro|
|Date of birth||2 May 1990|
|Place of birth||Estância Velha, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Estoril (on loan from Porto)|
|2009–2011||→ Marítimo (loan)||38||(15)|
|2013||→ Palmeiras (loan)||7||(2)|
|2014–||→ Estoril (loan)||21||(8)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 24 May 2015 (UTC).
Born in Estância Velha, Rio Grande do Sul, Kléber started his career with Clube Atlético Mineiro, also having finished his formation at the Belo Horizonte club. In 21 February 2009 he played his first game for the first team, against Rio Branco Esporte Clube for the Minas Gerais State League.
In the 2009 summer, 19-year-old Kléber left his country and signed for C.S. Marítimo in Portugal, on loan. He made his top division debut on 20 September, playing ten minutes in a 1–2 away loss against Madeira neighbours C.D. Nacional.
Kléber – who also scored three times in only four matches with the reserves in the third level – finished his first season with Marítimo with eight goals in 20 games, notably netting twice in the last round, a 2–1 away win against Vitória de Guimarães which meant his team leapfrogged its opponents of the day and finished in fifth position, with the subsequent qualification to the UEFA Europa League.
After reported interest from F.C. Porto, Kléber refused to start the 2010–11 campaign with Marítimo, even though he still had another year on his contract. Atlético Mineiro accepted the deal but the Portuguese did not, and he eventually finished the season with seven league goals, eight overall.
On 4 July 2011 Kléber finally moved to Porto, for a fee of €2.3 million, signing a five-year contract. He scored five goals in five games in the team's pre-season, and three in the first seven official contests, including the winner in a 2–1 home win against FC Shakhtar Donetsk for the campaign's UEFA Champions League.
On 7 February 2013, Kléber returned to his country and signed for Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras on loan. The move was initially until 30 June, extendable if the Verdão advanced to the semifinals in the Copa Libertadores.
- Kléber força saída do Marítimo (Kléber wants out of Marítimo); Diário de Notícias, 28 June 2010 (Portuguese)
- Caso Kléber segue na FIFA (Kléber affair to continue in FIFA); Record, 15 July 2010 (Portuguese)
- Insulares podem comprar passe de Kléber (Islanders may buy Kléber's sporting rights); Record, 7 September 2010 (Portuguese)
- Porto see off nine-man Shakhtar; UEFA.com, 13 September 2011
- Palmeiras confirma atacante Kléber, que se apresenta nesta sexta (Palmeiras confirms forward Kléber, announced this Friday); Gazeta Esportiva, 7 February 2013 (Portuguese)
- Gabon 0–2 Brazil: Sandro & Hernanes lead Selecao to success in Libreville; Goal.com, 10 November 2011
- SambaFoot profile
- Kléber at footballzz.co.uk
- Kléber profile at ForaDeJogo
- Kléber at National-Football-Teams.com
- Kléber profile at Soccerway