Dahlbeck with the Chicago Blackhawks in December 2014
6 July 1991 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
|NHL Draft||79th overall, 2011
Klas Dahlbeck (born 6 July 1991) is a Swedish professional ice hockey player who is currently playing with the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 3rd round (79th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Dahlbeck made his professional debut in the Swedish Hockey League, with Linköpings HC in the 2009–10 season. After two more seasons in Sweden on 29 May 2012, Dahlbeck signed a three-year entry level contract with the Blackhawks.
Dahlbeck endured his first two North American seasons with AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs, establishing himself as the franchise career leader in plus/minus before in the 2014–15 season he made his NHL debut with the Blackhawks on 6 December 2014 against the Nashville Predators. He scored his first NHL goal on 11 December against Tuukka Rask of the Boston Bruins. On 28 February 2015, Dahlbeck was traded, along with Chicago's first round draft pick in 2015, to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for Antoine Vermette.
Regular season and playoffs
- "Rakell Invited to Sweden's World Junior Selection Camp". Plymouth Whalers. 2 December 2010. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- "Blackhawks agree to terms with four". Chicago Blackhawks. 2012-05-29. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Patrick Sharp likely to return for the Blackhawks on Tuesday". Mark Lazerus. 6 December 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Vermette acquired by Blackhawks for steep deadline price". Yahoo! Sports. 2015-01-28. Retrieved 2015-01-28.
- "Canes' claim Klas Dahlbeck on waivers". Carolina Hurricanes. 2016-10-11. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Klas Dahlbeck's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Klas Dahlbeck's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|