Klassekampen (English: The Class Struggle) is a Norwegian daily newspaper, which styles itself as "the daily left-wing newspaper".
History and profile
The newspaper Klassekampen shall do serious, critical journalism, with versatile political and economical disclosures of exploitation, suppression and environmental damage - as well as inspire and contribute to ideological criticism, organizing and political struggle against such conditions, on the basis of a revolutionary, socialistic view.
Bjørgulv Braanen has been the editor of Klassekampen since 2002, succeeding Jon Michelet in the post. Weekly columnists include Paul Bjerke, Arild Rønsen and Dag Seierstad, and cartoonist Hallvard Skauge contributes on Saturdays.
On Saturdays the newspaper features a book magazine. Editors of this section have been Bendik Wold (2006–2008) and Karin Haugen (2008–present).
- Anders M. Andersen 1969
- Anders M. Andersen and Finn Aasheim 1969
- Finn Aasheim 1969
- Sigurd Allern and Finn Aasheim 1969–1970
- Sigurd Allern 1970–1972
- Finn Sjue 1973–1977
- Egil Fossum 1977–1978
- Egil Fossum and Sigurd Allern 1978–1979
- Sigurd Allern 1979–1995
- Paul Bjerke 1995–1997
- Jon Michelet 1997–2002
- Bjørgulv Braanen 2002–
Klassekampen has a readership of more than 50,000 on week days and 90,000 on Saturdays.
- Sigurd Allern (2002). "Journalistic and Commercial News Values. News Organizations as Patrons of an Institution and Market Actors" (PDF). Nordicom Review 2 (2). Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Klassekampen statistics - from Klassekampen's official site (Norwegian)
- «Avisenes leser- og opplagstall for 2006» from Mediebedriftenes Landsforening, 12 February 2007
- «Avisenes leser- og opplagstall for 2007» from Mediebedriftenes Landsforening, 14 February 2008
- «Avisenes leser- og opplagstall for 2008» from Mediebedriftenes Landsforening, 17 February 2009
- «Avisenes leser- og opplagstall for 2009» from Mediebedriftenes Landsforening, 16 February 2010
- Klassekampen (Norwegian)
|This article about a Norwegian newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|