|Born||10 July 1979|
|Height||170 cm (5 ft 7 in)|
In 2016 Jungbluth sought and received the help of the Ecuadorian National Olympic Committee to create a ski federation for Ecuador, which allowed him to compete for the country. Klaus lives and trains in Mountain Creek, Queensland, Australia. Jungbluth will become the first athlete from Ecuador to compete at the Winter Olympics. On January 19, 2018, Rodríguez was named as the country's flag bearer during the opening ceremony.
Jungbluth is completing his PhD in Exercise Physiology at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Australia. He has previously completed a Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy (2009) at Charles University of Prague, Czech Republic and a Master degree in Exercise Physiology (2011) at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway. Speaks six languages: Spanish, English, Italian, Czech, Norwegian and German. He currently resides in the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia with his wife Erika and youngest daughters, Kikkan and Elisa, while his two older daughters Kiersten and Melina lives in Guayaquil.
Jungbluth was the lone representative for the nation of Ecuador in the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea.
- FIS Profile
- Yates, Brayden (23 December 2017). "USC student first to represent Ecuador in Olympic snow". Sunshine Coast Daily. Maroochydore, Queensland, Australia. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Cross-country Skiing Quota List for Olympic Games 2018". www.data.fis-ski.com/. International Ski Federation (FIS). 12 December 2017. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- Santos, Manuela (16 October 2017). "Klaus Jungbluth es el primer ecuatoriano que participará en Juegos Olímpicos de Invierno" [Klaus Jungbluth is the first Ecuadorian to participate in the Olympic Winter Games]. www.coe.org.ec/ (in Spanish). Ecuadorian National Olympic Committee. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Klaus Jungbluth, un tricolor en Pyeongchang 2018" [Klaus Jungbluth, a tricolor in Pyeongchang 2018]. El Universo (in Spanish). Guayaquil. 8 December 2017. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- Rodríguez, Ana (19 January 2018). "Klaus Jungbluth será el abanderado en los Juegos Olímpicos de Invierno 2018" [Klaus Jungbluth will be the flag bearer at the 2018 Winter Olympics]. www.pichinchauniversal.com.ec/ (in Spanish). Pichincha Universal. Retrieved 19 January 2018.