Kleberg County Airport
|Kleberg County Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||130 ft / 40 m|
Kleberg County Airport (ICAO: KIKG, FAA LID: IKG) is a county-owned, public-use airport located nine nautical miles (10 miles; 17 km) west of the central business district of Kingsville, a city in Kleberg County, Texas, United States. This airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Kleberg County Airport covers an area of 295 acres (119 ha) at an elevation of 130 feet (40 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 13/31 with an asphalt surface measuring 6,000 by 75 feet (1,829 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending March 20, 2011, the airport had 7,400 aircraft operations, an average of 20 per day: 81% general aviation, 18% military, and 1% air taxi. At that time there were 11 aircraft based at this airport: 73% single-engine, 9% jet and 18% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for IKG ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 30 June 2011.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015: Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB) Archived 2012-09-27 at the Wayback Machine.. Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 4 October 2010.
- "Kleberg County Airport (FAA: IKG, ICAO: KIKG)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- Kleberg County Airport
- Aerial photo as of 14 January 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for IKG, effective May 24, 2018
- Resources for this airport: