Kleeneze Homecare is a multi-level marketing company, and was started in 1923, in Hanham, Bristol, England. The founder, Harry Crook, had emigrated to United States with his family several years earlier and while there joined Fuller Brush as a sales representative. He returned to Bristol several years later and started his business making brushes which were sold door-to-door by salesmen.
Since the 1980s, Kleeneze independent distributors have delivered catalogs to households, blanket dropping, to find regular customers. Kleeneze distributors can also run their own ecommerce business or party plan business. Similar to other multi-level marketing companies, Kleeneze offers incentive schemes for higher performing distributors, such as chances to attend international conferences or cars.
In 1995 Kleeneze was bought by European Home Retail (EHR). The company was later bought by Findel PLC in 2007 after the collapse of EHR. In 2015 Findel sold Kleeneze to CVSL, an American holding company, as part of their MLM portfolio.
The company remained at its original Hanham site for almost 80 years. In May 2004, the company relocated to its headquarters and distribution centre to Warmley. In 2007, after the acquisition by Findel, the move to Hyndburn was announced.
The company has expanded into Europe, operating in the Republic of Ireland since 1994 with other European and worldwide countries soon to be unveiled due to the trade agreements already in existence with CVSL's other international organisations.
- "Car Incentives". Kleeneze. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Findel Completes £3.4m Kleeneze Disposal". Insider Media. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Kleeneze sweeps in with 200 jobs Lancashire Telegraph - 08 Feb 2007
- "Kleeneze to close Bristol factory". BBC. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Kleeneze Ltd". Direct Selling Association (U.K.). Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Our History". Kleeneze. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Investment boost for Kleeneze and Optimise Hiring". Manchester Evening News. 31 August 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.