Klein High School
|Klein High School|
16715 Stuebner Airline Rd.
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Together, We Make the Difference.|
|School district||Klein Independent School District|
|Teaching staff||226.21 FTEs (2017–18)|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.28:1 (2017–18)|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class 6A Region II District 15|
Klein High School is a public high school located in Klein, Texas, United States, located approximately 20 miles (32 km) from Downtown Houston. It serves grades 9–12 in the Klein Independent School District.
As of the 2016–17 school year, the school had an enrollment of 4,046 students and 233.98 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 17.29:1. There were 885 students (21.9% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 214 (5.3% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch. The current principle of Klein High School is Jessica Haddox.
In July 1928, five common school districts in the area were consolidated into Rural High School District Number One. The new high school was formed from French School, Hildebrandt School, Oak Grove School, and Willow Creek School. Kohrville School, a school for black children, also consolidated into the district.
The new district's high school building was located at what is now 7200 Spring-Cypress Road, between Kuykendahl Road and Stuebner Airline Road. This building is now behind the district's central office building. In 1938, Rural High School District Number One became Klein Independent School District, and its high school became Klein High School.  The high school moved to its current location in 1963.
The old main building of Klein High School was demolished in 2010 to make way for construction of a completely new facility that will replace all existing buildings. All construction was completed by December 2014. Plans for the new campus are online (see reference).
In 2017 areas of the Klein Collins High School zone west of Kuykendahl Road will be rezoned to Klein High, and areas of the Klein Forest High School zone between Cypress Creek and Farm to Market Road 1960 will be rezoned to Klein High.
Klein was the first high school established in the Klein Independent School District. It is accredited by the Texas Education Agency and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. 93% of the 2006 graduating class planned on attending college, receiving over $7 million in college scholarships.
Sports and other activities
Klein High School competes in UIL Region II District 15 along with Klein Oak, Klein Collins,Klein Forest, and Klein Cain.
- Boys Soccer: 1997, 1999, 2005
- Baseball: 1998
- Tennis: 1982-83, 1989–90
- Chess Team: 2002
The Klein High School cheerleaders Nationals Team earned a national championship at the 2006 NCA Senior and Junior High School National Championships in the Medium Varsity division, and also won a specialty award for Best Use of Jumps in the routine. The 2007 NCA National Championship was preceded by a regional title at the Texas Lone Star Classic and a state championship at the Texas State Championships for Division 5A schools. The cheerleading team has earned six national titles at the NCA competition in the last 19 years  including Grand Champions in 2000.
The Klein High School full orchestra was named the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) honor orchestra for 2007–08, the fourth time that the full orchestra was honored. It won similar honors in 1998, 2001, and 2003. In 2016–17, the school was chosen as the string honor orchestra.
The Wind Symphony was one of five National Wind Band winner in 2008 in Class AAAAA.
In 2010, a Klein junior varsity team finished first at the Harvard National Debate Tournament.
|Kevin Adams||1980||Theatre designer, 3-time Tony Award winner|||
|Josh Barfield||2000||Baseball player for San Diego Padres (2006) and Cleveland Indians (2007–2009)|||
|Joey Banes||1985||Football player for Indianapolis Colts|||
|Matthew Bomer||1996||Actor, White Collar|||
|Randy Bullock||2008||Football player for Texas A&M Aggies, Houston Texans, New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Cincinnati Bengals|||
|Lynn Collins||1994||Actress, theatre and movies||[unreliable source]|
|Chris George||1998||Gold medalist with 2000 USA Olympic Baseball Team in Sydney, Australia|||
|Mike Green||1996||Football player for Tennessee Titans|||
|Kovid Gupta||2006||Screenwriter and author, Kingdom of The Soap Queen: The Story of Balaji Telefilms|||
|Lyle Lovett||1975||Musician, 4-time Grammy Award winner|||
|Farrah Moan||2011||Drag queen, contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race|||
|David Murphy||2000||Major League Baseball player for Boston Red Sox and Texas Rangers|||
|Lee Pace||1997||Actor, Pushing Daisies, The Hobbit, Halt and Catch Fire, Guardians of the Galaxy|||
|Matt Purke||2009||Baseball player for Chicago White Sox (2016)|||
|Ben Rappaport||2004||Actor, Outsourced|||
|Eric Rowe||2011||Football player for New England Patriots|||
|Kendra Scott||1992||Jewelry designer|||
|Sherry Stringfield||1985||Actress, ER||[unreliable source?]|
|Sloan Thomas||2000||Football player, Tennessee Titans, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks|||
|Sylvester Turner||1973||Member of Texas House of Representatives, Mayor of Houston|||
|Derek Webb||1992||Musician in Caedmon's Call (and solo artist)|||
|Laura Wilkinson||1996||Diver, 2004 World Cup and 2000 Olympic platform gold medalist|||
|Ashton Youboty||2003||Football player, 3rd round draft pick by NFL's Buffalo Bills|||
- "Search for Public Schools - KLEIN H S (482574002903)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved October 31, 2019.
- "The Bearchat - The Official Student News Site of Klein High School". Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "Clubs and Organizations - Klein High School". Klein High School. Klein Independent School District. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "History of Klein Independent School District". Klein Independent School District. Archived from the original on May 5, 2005.
- "Early Schools in the Klein Community Rural High School". Klein Independent School District. Retrieved May 25, 2019.
- "Early Schools in the Klein Community Kohrville School". Klein Independent School District. July 8, 2003. Retrieved May 25, 2019.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on July 23, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Blanchard, Sarah (December 15, 2015). "Rezoning plans continue for Klein ISD". The Spring Observer at the Houston Chronicle. Retrieved April 18, 2017. - The fifth high school is Klein Cain
- "2017-2018 Accreditation Statuses". texas Education Agency. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "Klein High School profile 2006-2007" (PDF). Klein High School. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 30, 2007.
- "Boys Soccer 1996-97". UIL State Champion Archives. Archived from the original on January 26, 2019. Retrieved March 9, 2017 – via uiltexas.org.
- "Boys Soccer 1998-99". UIL State Champion Archives. Archived from the original on January 26, 2019. Retrieved March 9, 2017 – via uiltexas.org.
- "UIL State Soccer Tournament - April 14-16, 2005". UIL State Soccer Tournament. Archived from the original on January 26, 2019. Retrieved March 9, 2017 – via uiltexas.org.
- "Baseball 1997-98". UIL State Champion Archives. Archived from the original on January 26, 2019. Retrieved March 9, 2017 – via uiltexas.org.
- "UIL Team Tennis State Champions". uil100.org. Archived from the original on April 16, 2013. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- Meeks, Flori (April 11, 2002). "Chess team hopes to make the right moves at nationals". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "Klein High cheer squad nabs first place at competition". Houston Chronicle. February 1, 2008. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- [Fox Sports Network April 4, 2008]
- "Spring/Klein/Tomball Sports January 8, 2008". Houston Chronicle.
- Honor Orchestra History, Texas Music Educators Association. Accessed January 2, 2017.
- "Klein High orchestra honored". Houston Chronicle. August 3, 2007. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- Mast, Monte (October 28, 2016). "Shout-out: Klein HS Orchestra Best in State". Klein School District. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
Congratulations to the Klein High School Chamber Orchestra and directors Creston Herron and Tanatchaya Chanphanitpornkit for being named as the Texas Music Educators Association 2016–17 Honor String Orchestra. This honor is equivalent to being named state champion.
- 2008 National Wind Band Honors Project Results National Winners, The Foundation for Music Education. Accessed January 2, 2017.
- "Klein Independent School District". Kleinisd.net. February 24, 2011. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- David Barbour (November 1, 1998). "The unexpected Kevin Adams". Livedesignonline.com. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Klein HS (Klein, TX) Baseball Players". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved October 31, 2019.
- "JOEY BANES". profootballarchives.com. Archived from the original on November 7, 2014. Retrieved November 7, 2014.
- Silberman, Lindsay (February 15, 2012). "Check out Matt Bomer's High School Yearbook Photo". TV Guide. Retrieved February 14, 2018.
- "Roster". HoustonTexans.com. January 2, 2013. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Lynn Collins". IMDb. Retrieved March 9, 2017.
- "Chris George: Biography and Career Highlights | orioles.com: Players". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "NFL Players". Nfl.com. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "'Never aimed to discuss Ekta Kapoor's private life". The Metrognome. September 16, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- Saxton, Melanie. "A Conversation with Lyle Lovett", Houston Lifestyles & Homes. Accessed January 2, 2017. "'My mother and grandfather also attended the school,' says Lovett, who graduated from Klein High."
- Guerra, Joey (April 17, 2017). "'RuPaul's Drag Race' star Farrah Moan comes home to Houston". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved June 3, 2017.
- "Lee Pace". HoustonClassmates.com. Retrieved December 31, 2018.
- Sudhalter, Michael (November 19, 2010). "Klein High graduate is the lead actor on a new NBC sitcom". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved June 13, 2019 – via www.chron.com.
- Cox, Zack (January 24, 2017). "Check Out What These Patriots Players Looked Like As Texas High Schoolers". NESN.com. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Sewing, Joy. "Jewelry designer Kendra Scott opens two new stores", Houston Chronicle, November 16, 2012. Accessed March 20, 2017. "Scott has nostalgic feeling about Houston. A native of Kenosha, Wis., she moved with her family to Houston at age 16 and graduated from Klein High School, home of the Bearkats, she said, proudly."
- "Sherry Stringfield". kleinalumni.com. Archived from the original on July 13, 2011.
- "The Official Website of The University of Texas Athletics". Mackbrown-texasfootball.com. Archived from the original on October 23, 2005. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Texas House of Representatives : Representative Turner, Sylvester". Texas House of Representatives. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "I Was Wrong, I'm Sorry & I Love You (Acoustic)". Derekwebb.com. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "The Official Website of Laura Wilkinson". Laurawilkinson.com. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Ashton Youboty | Jacksonville Jaguars | National Football League | Yahoo! Sports". Sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Klein High School.|