|• Total||4.65 km2 (1.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||335 m (1,099 ft)|
|• Density||710/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Klenovec is a village and municipality in the Rimavská Sobota District of the Banská Bystrica Region of southern Slovakia. The village had been once a residency of Juraj Jánošík, legendary Slovak folk hero. Near Klenovec is a big water reservoir. Most important sightseeings are classical houses from the beginning of 19th century and a classical evangelical church.
- Vladimír Mináč, writer
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1830-1896 (parish B)
- Greek Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1775-1928 (parish B)
- Lutheran church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1845-1895 (parish A)
- Media related to Klenovec at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Surnames of living people in Klenovec
|This article about a location in the Rimavská Sobota District of Slovakia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|