|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Major applications||Ilyushin Il-112
The Klimov TV7-117 is a Russian turboprop engine certified in 1997 to power the Ilyushin Il-114 regional commuter aircraft. The new engine features enhanced reliability, fuel economy and greater service life compared to its predecessors produced in the former Soviet Union. The engine has a modular design. The nine modules can be replaced in the field, which dramatically reduces costs and accelerates repair and maintenance. The engine has an electronic-hydromechanical control system.
The TV7-117S engine has been offered to power the newest Russian turboprop aircraft such as Ilyushin Il-112 and Ilyushin Il-114. In addition, Klimov developed the TV7-117V turboshaft to power rotary-wing aircraft, such as the Mil Mi-38, and marine drives for high-speed boats and industrial electric power plants. The TV7-117 engine family is produced by Klimov JSC (St. Petersburg), Chernishov JSC (Moscow) and the Baranov JSC (Omsk).
- TV7-117SM (the S stands for the Russian word for aircraft, the M for airliner, as opposed to military cargo aircraft, which are designated ST, with the T being for transport) is the turboprop variant for fixed wing aircraft, that was introduced by Klimov in 2002, featuring a Full Authority Digital Electric Control (FADEC) system based on the BARK-12 or BARK-57 electroniс engine control unit, as well as improved reliability, manufacturability and maintainability. It features an enclosed centrifugal wheel that increases its power by 10% while maintaining all the other performance parameters. The Klimov Company holds a patent for the design and manufacturing of such wheels. This engine is used on the Ilyushin Il-114 and is likely to be used on the new Ilyushin Il-112.
- TV7-117V/VM (the V stands for the Russian word for helicopter) is the turboshaft variant for helicopters, a model with the powershaft in front dedicated to the new Mi-38 (VK-3000 family).
- TV7-117VK is a version with the powershaft in the rear to upgrade Mi-28 and Ka50/Ka52 helicopters (VK-3000 family).
Data from 
- Type: turboprop/turboshaft
- Length: 1,614 mm (63.5 in)
- Diameter: 640–820 mm (25–32 in)
- Dry weight: 360 kg (790 lb)
- Compressor: single shaft axial flow centrifugal compressor, 5 axial + 1 centrifugal stages
- Combustors: annular
- Turbine: 2-stage axial flow
- Maximum power output: 2800 hp
- Overall pressure ratio: 16 (ratio on takeoff)
- Fuel consumption: 199 g/hp/hr (takeoff)
- Power-to-weight ratio:
- Related development
- Comparable engines
- Related lists
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Klimov TV7-117.|