||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Burlington, MA and Ottawa, ON|
|Brian Pierce, CEO|
Klocwork is a software company with headquarters in Burlington, MA and R&D based in Ottawa, ON, Canada. Klocwork was founded in 2001 as a spin-out of Nortel Networks and has over 1,000 customers who use its software development tools. Klocwork says their tool help "developers create more secure and reliable software by analyzing source code on-the-fly, simplifying peer code reviews, and extending the life of complex software."
Klocwork is a static code analysis tool used to identify security, safety and reliability issues in C, C++, Java and C# code. The product includes numerous desktop plug-ins for developers, metrics and reporting.
Originally Klocwork’s technology was developed to address requirements for large-scale source code analysis to optimize software architecture for C code inside Nortel Networks and spun out in 2001. Its investors are Firstmark Capital, USVP, and Mobius Ventures. The company has been awarded the 2007 InfoWorld Technology of Year and has made the SD Times 100 List every year since 2005.
In January 2012, Klocwork Insight 9.5 was released. It provides on-the-fly static analysis in Visual Studio, like a word processor does with spelling mistakes.
In May 2013, Klocwork Cahoots was launched.
In May 2014, Klocwork won the Red Herring Top 100 North America Award.
- Klocwork Customer Statistics
- "Company page at Klocwork web site". klocwork.
- 2007 Technology of the Year Awards: App Dev from InfoWorld
- The SD Times 100 2011 - Security & QA from SDTimes
- Dr Dobb's - Source Code Analysis: Spell-checker style.
- CWE Compatibility Certification announcement from MITRE Corporation
- Klocwork Joins GENIVI Alliance
- Klocwork Insight Receives ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 Certifications
- Rogue Wave Acquires Klocwork from Dr Dobb's
- 2014 Red Herring North America: Winners