Kloten Balsberg railway station
Kloten Balsberg station can be seen to the left of this photograph; the railway platform crosses the bridge over the road, whilst the tram platforms are to the left and linked by footbridge
Canton of Zürich,
|Owned by||Swiss Federal Railways|
|Operated by||Swiss Federal Railways|
|Connections||Zürich trams (routes 10 and 12)|
Kloten Balsberg is a railway station in the Swiss canton of Zürich and municipality of Kloten. The station is located on the Zürich–Winterthur railway line and is an interchange point between the Zürich S-Bahn and the Stadtbahn Glattal light rail system. The station is served by S-Bahn line S7, and by Zürich tram routes 10 and 12, operating on behalf of the Stadtbahn Glattal.
Although the S-Bahn station is situated only 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) from the main terminal of Zürich Airport, it was bypassed by the opening, in 1980, of a new line directly serving the Zürich Airport railway station in the basement of that terminal. Since 2008, the Stadtbahn Glattal has provided a new direct route to the airport.
- map.geo.admin.ch (Map). Swiss Confederation. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "S-Bahn trains, buses and boats" (PDF). ZVV. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-01-31. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "Regional Network (50)" (PDF). ZVV. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH. 2012. pp. 64–65. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- Media related to Bahnhof Kloten Balsberg at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|