|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The population is 100% Slovak.
Considered to be an important historical monument for people in Kmetovo, Slovakia, this Roman Catholic church was dedicated in 1994 as Our Lady of the Rosary. The church was designed in a classical style, with construction being completed in 1882. Due to the water-logged soils of the marsh that the church was built on, several attempts were made at creating a drainage area behind the church, but to no avail. The church then underwent extensive reconstruction in 1942 to stabilize its construction and solve the drainage problem. An extension to the church was completed in 1994. In 2001, the church interior and exterior was repainted, the roof was replaced, and a gilded cross was added to its spire.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Nitra, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1722-1896 (parish B)
- Village of Kmet'ovo (Obec Kmet'ovo), History from the official website of the Village of Kmet'ovo (in Slovak), retrieved September 1, 2015
- Dominik Horvath, Kmeťovo - New Castle Surroundings (in Slovak), retrieved September 1, 2015
- Kmeťovo – Nové Zámky Okolie
- Surnames of living people in Kmetovo
|This Nitra Region geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|