Knightmare (1986 video game)
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Knightmare: Majou Densetsu|
|Platform(s)||MSX, Mobile Phones, Virtual Console|
|Genre(s)||Shoot 'em up|
Knightmare: Majou Densetsu (Knightmare 魔城伝説 , Knightmare: Demon Castle Legend), Knightmare or Majou Densetsu (魔城伝説) for short, is a 1986 MSX vertical scrolling shooter computer game. The player is a knight, Popolon, who has to fight his way through several levels to defeat Hudnos and rescue Aphrodite.
Knightmare was an innovative upward-scrolling shoot 'em up game on the MSX system released as game cartridge. The top-view graphics were considered very sophisticated for its time, similar to other MSX games such as Nemesis and Penguin Adventure.
Konami also released a slightly altered version that could be bought from LINKS network. (Japanese "internet replacement" of the 80's) In this version you could submit high scores to an online server.
- Knightmare has been converted for i-mode enabled cellphones in 2003 by Konami.
- The game is found in the compilation Konami Antiques MSX Collection for Saturn and PlayStation.
- A PC DOS remake was made by FRIENDS Software.
- There was also a "Gold" version - a fan-made enhanced remake for MSX2.
- Popolon from Knightmare was appears in the picross game Pixel Puzzle Collection.
|This Konami-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|