Knights and Bikes
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Knights and Bikes|
|Publisher(s)||Double Fine Productions|
|Release||Windows, Mac, Linux, PS4|
August 27, 2019
February 6, 2020
Knights and Bikes is a cooperative action-adventure game inspired by The Goonies and Secret of Mana. It is created by Foam Sword, a British indie game development company made up of former Media Molecule staff.
Two tie-in novels have been written by children's author Gabrielle Kent, and published by indie publisher Knights Of. Knights and Bikes was published in August 2018; Rebel Bicycle Club was published in August 2019. A third in the series, Wheels of Legend' is expected to be published in July 2020.
The game was nominated for "Best Indie Game" at the 2019 Golden Joystick Awards, and won the award for "Game, Original Family" at the NAVGTR Awards; it was also nominated for "Audio Innovation of the Year" at the MCV/Develop Awards, and for the Matthew Crump Cultural Innovation Award at the SXSW Gaming Awards, and won the award for "Excellence in Visual Art" at the Independent Games Festival Awards, whereas it was nominated for "Excellence in Audio". In addition, it was nominated for "Best Debut" with Foam Sword Games at the Game Developers Choice Awards, and for "Best Sound Design for an Indie Game" at the 18th Annual G.A.N.G. Awards. It was also nominated for "Artistic Achievement", "British Game", "Debut Game", and "Family" at the 16th British Academy Games Awards.
- Wales, Matt (January 25, 2020). "Co-op coming-of-age adventure Knights and Bikes is heading to Switch next month". Eurogamer. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- Alex Wawro (2015-11-15). "Foam Sword is the new studio from a pair of Media Molecule vets". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- Keith Stuart (2016-02-02). "Knights and Bikes: a game that combines The Goonies with Cornwall". The Guardian. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "Knights And Bikes - Wheels of Legend PRE-ORDER". Round Table Books. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
- "Tiger Aspect adapts video game". C21media. 16 September 2019. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
- "Knights and Bikes for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Knights and Bikes for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Knights and Bikes for Switch Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2020-04-06.