|Directed by||Yin Lichuan|
|Produced by||Jiao Aimin
|Written by||Yi Lichuan|
|Based on||"The Story of Li Ai and Haihai"
|Music by||Zhang Weiwei|
|Edited by||Yan Tao|
|Distributed by||Rezo Films International|
Knitting (Chinese: 牛郎织女; pinyin: Niú lán zhī nǔ) is a 2008 Chinese film directed by Yin Lichuan. Yin's second film as director, Knitting is a romantic drama. The film was adapted by Yin from the short story "The Story of Li Ai and Haihai" by author Amei.
- Zhang Yi as Li Daping. A simple woman from the north, but now living in the south of China with her boyfriend Chen Jin and has recently suffered a miscarriage as the film begins.
- Yan Bingyan as Zhang Haiying. Haiying is one of Chen Jin's ex-girlfriends who suddenly moves into Daping and Chen Jin's apartment. While she bullies and taunts Daping, the two eventually come to share a bond when Chen Jin abandons a newly pregnant Daping.
- Lu Yulai as Chen Jin, Li Daping's selfish boyfriend.
Director Yin Lichuan noted in her statement of intent that Knitting was meant to explore female themes from a feminine perspective. To this end the film has two female leads, one "clumsy and simple-minded," the other "tenacious and shrewd."
- Elley, Derek (2008-05-22). "Knitting Movie Review". Variety. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "Knitting". TIFF 2008. Archived from the original on September 13, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "Director's note of intent". Yin Lichuan Film Studio. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
|This article related to Chinese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|