Knock Out (2010 film)
|Directed by||Mani Shankar|
|Produced by||Sohail Maklai|
|Written by||Mani Shankar|
|Music by||Gourov Dasgupta|
Vishal Dadlani (lyrics)
Panchhi Jalonvi (lyrics)
|Distributed by||Sohail Maklai Entertainment Pvt Ltd|
Aap Entertainment Limited
|Box office||₹622 million (US$8.7 million)|
Knock Out is an Indian Hindi-language action-thriller film directed by Mani Shankar. Released on 15 October 2010, the film stars Sanjay Dutt, Irrfan Khan and Kangana Ranaut. Knock Out is an unauthorized remake of Phone Booth. In October 2010, the Bombay High Court ordered the film's producers to pay a portion of their revenues to 20th Century Fox, who own the rights to Phone Booth. The film was a flop at the box office.
- Sanjay Dutt as Veer Vijay Singh, Chief of Ops, IB/Colonel Gill
- Kangana Ranaut as Nidhi Srivastava, India TV reporter
- Irrfan Khan as Bachchoo Bhai/ Tony Khosla
- Gulshan Grover as Bapuji
- Rukhsar Rehman as Lakshmi, Tony's wife
- Apoorva Lakhia as Ranvir Singh
- Sushant Singh as Inspector Vikram
- Asif Basra as Raghav
- Silvio Simac as fighter on terrace
- Bikramjeet Kanwarpal as Nidhi's boss
- Kurush Deboo as Sandwichwala
- Abhay Shukla as Prithvi
- Shankar Sachdeva as Mishra
- Shriya Sharma as Sweety, Tony's daughter
- Naseer Abdullah as Bhalla
- Namrata Thapa as Roshni
- Ashraful Haque as Junkie
- Shreya Narayan as Jesse
- Aparna as Bharti
- Rajendra Jadhav as Gundurao
- Vinay Verma as Commissioner
- M D Pasha as Suvarna
- Hussain Shaikh as Party President
- Gary Warren D'souza as Swiss Bank Manager
- Randheer Nahar as Pandey
- Shivraj as RBI Officer
Bachubhai (Irrfan Khan) has come to a phone booth to make a call. He is interrupted by a man who interrupts him again. Bachubhai tells him to stop interrupting. While moving out of the phone booth after the call, the phone rings. Bachubhai picks up the call only to get surprised by an unknown caller who ensures that Bachubhai not leave the phone booth until his motive of calling is achieved. Another man interrupts who is shot dead by that unknown person from a far away building. As seeing the incident, police, public and news reporter Nidhi Srivastav Kangana Ranaut arrive. Everyone is seeing everything as Bachubhai has been told to do what the person on phone call says or he will shoot him. Later, Police officer Sushant Singh is transferred and another encounter specialist has been called. Meanwhile, Bachubhai, who is working for a corrupt politician who has 320 billion black money has been told to transfer the money on a government account to give back the money to the public. Bachubhai does everything as the phone caller says. At the end of the movie the money has been transferred to the public account and it is revealed that Veer Vijay Singh (Sanjay Dutt) is a Chief of Investigation Bureau. Bachubhai, after transferring the money, nothing happens to him.
The film's music was given by Gourov Dasgupta, with background score by Atul Raninga and Sanjay Wandrekar. The soundtrack has five original tunes, one remix and an alternate version of one song.
|1.||"Knock Out" Title track||Vishal Dadlani||Panchhi Jalonvi||Gourav Dasgupta|
|2.||"Khushnuma Sa"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||Panchhi Jalonvi||Gourav Dasgupta|
|3.||"Hungama"||Sunidhi Chauhan||Panchhi Jalonvi||Gourav Dasgupta|
|4.||"Maula"||KK||Panchhi Jalonvi||Gourav Dasgupta|
|5.||"Khushnuma Sa Woh"||Krishna Beura||Shelle||Gourav Dasgupta|
|6.||"Hungama" (Remix)||Sunidhi Chauhan||Panchhi Jalonvi||Gourav Dasgupta|
|7.||"Gangubai Pe Aai Jawani"||Sumitra Iyer, Sanjeev-Darshan||Sameer||Sanjeev-Darshan|
- "BBC Asian Network – Love Bollywood – Downloads". BBC.
- "Knock Out". Times of India. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "Knock Out Music Review and online listening link". Music Aloud. Retrieved 30 September 2010.