|Sléibhte Chnoc Mhaoldomhnaigh|
The Knockmealdowns from the M8
|Elevation||794 m (2,605 ft)|
|Country||Republic of Ireland|
|Provinces of Ireland||Munster|
The Knockmealdown Mountains (Irish: Sléibhte Chnoc Mhaoldomhnaigh) is a mountain range located on the border of counties Tipperary and Waterford in Ireland, running east and west between the two counties. The highest peak of the range is Knockmealdown, in County Waterford. On the western side of the summit, the range is crossed by a high pass through which runs the old mail coach road from Lismore to Clogheen.
List of peaks in the Knockmealdown Mountains ordered by height:
- Knockmealdown, Cnoc Mhaoldomhnaigh (794 m)
- Knockmoylan, Cnoc Maoláin (768 m)
- Knocknafallia, Cnoc na Faille (668 m)
- Sugarloaf Hill, Cnoc na gCloch (663 m)
- Knocknagnauv, Cnoc na gCnámh (655 m)
- Knockshanahullion, Cnoc Seanchuillinn (652 m)
- Knocknalougha, Cnoc na Loiche (630 m)
- Knockmeal, An Cnoc Maol (560 m)
- Crohan West, An Cruachán (521 m)
- Farbreaga, An Fear Bréige (518 m)
- "Description of County Waterford from Atlas and Cyclopedia of Ireland (1900)". Library Ireland. Retrieved 24 February 2009.
- "Knockmealdown Mountains". MountainViews. Retrieved 24 February 2009.
- Tempan, Paul. "Sliabh in Irish Place-Names". Queen's University Belfast. p.29
Media related to Knockmealdown Mountains at Wikimedia Commons