|Introduced||1838 in Heilbronn, Germany|
|Ambassador(s)||Carl Heinrich Knorr|
Knorr (//, often anglicized //) is a German food and beverage brand owned by the English-Dutch company Unilever since 2000, when Unilever acquired Best Foods, except in Japan where it is made under license by Ajinomoto. It produces dehydrated soup mixes and condiments. It was known as Royco in Indonesia, and as Continental in Australia.
Knorr was founded in 1838 by Carl Heinrich Theodor Knorr. Knorr headquarters is in Heilbronn, Germany. Products previously sold under the Lipton brand are now being absorbed into the Knorr product line. With annual sales topping €3 billion, Knorr is Unilever's biggest-selling brand. In cooperation with Slimfast, also owned by Unilever, Knorr markets a line of low-calorie products.
In 1912 the first Knorr Bouillon cube was introduced.
Knorr is available around the world. In 1957, flagship Knorr brands like bouillon and soups were sold in 8 countries and by 2000, Knorr products were sold in nearly 90 countries around the globe.
Throughout the 20th century, Knorr launched many recipes throughout the world – Knorr Soupy Noodles in India, Instant noodle in Pakistan, Knorr Homestyle Stock in Canada and the US, and Knorr soups across Europe and the rest of the world.
- Knorr Homestyle Stock
- Knorr Seasonings
- Knorr Powder and Liquid Bouillon
- Knorr Chinese Sauce and Asian Bouillon
- Knorr Western Sauce
- Knorr Cooking Aids
- Knorr Western Cream Soup
- Knorr Alfredo Sauce Mix
- Knorr Hollandaise Sauce Mix
- Knorr Soup Mix
- Knorr Sauce
- Knorr Sides Dishes
- Dip Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Vegetable Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Beef Recipes
- Appetizers Recipes
- Pasta Recipes
- Mexican Recipes
- http://www.unilever.com/brands/foodbrands/knorr/index.aspx Unilever
- IEP makes Knorr soups. (Israel Edible Products, kosher soups for Knorr Foods Co.)
- http://www.knorr.com/article/detail/245640/brand-history%7Caccessdate=9 April 2015
- "Category in Focus: Instant Noodles in Pakistan". AURORA. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Knorr.|