KNOWBOT is the acronym for Knowledge-Based Object Technology. This term, used as early as 1988 and known to have been implemented by December 1989 at the latest describes computer-based objects developed for collecting and storing specific information, in order to use that information to accomplish a specific task, and to enable sharing that information with other objects or processes. An early use of knowbots was to provide a computerized assistant to users to complete redundant detailed tasks without a need to train the user in computer technology.
- Knowbot Information Service
- Web crawler, a program that visits Web sites and gathers information according to some generalized criteria (opposed to user-specified criteria) and subsequently indexes it
- "THE DIGITAL LIBRARY PROJECT VOLUME 1: The World of Knowbots (DRAFT) - An open architecture for a digital library system and a plan for its development" (PDF).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-09-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "What is knowbot? - Definition from WhatIs.com".