|Breeder||Dr. W. O. Reed|
|Middle Park Stakes (1979)|
Park Stakes (1980)
Crystal Mile (1980)
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (1980)
Two Thousand Guineas Stakes (1980)
|English Champion Miler (1980)|
|Last updated on 5/12/2012|
Known Fact (1977–2000) was a Kentucky-bred British-trained racehorse and sire. He was the leading British miler of 1980 when he was awarded the 2000 Guineas on the disqualification of Nureyev and defeated Kris to win the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes.
Known Fact was by sire of sires In Reality and out of a Tim Tam mare named Tamerett who also produced Secrettame the dam of the champion sire Gone West. Known Fact also has a half-brother, Tentam, who won many notable US stakes like the United Nations Stakes and the Metropolitan Handicap.
Known Fact exceled on English turf despite being out of American dirt horses. He started his two-year-old season with a second place in the Mill Reef Stakes and a win in the William Hill Middle Park Stakes. He then moved into his three-year-old year with strong wins the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes and the Two Thousand Guineas Stakes along with several other notable stakes. Known Fact was voted Champion Miler in England at the end of his third year and he was retired to stand at Juddmonte Farms in Kentucky.
Known Fact was the first stallion to stand at Prince Khalid Abdullah's North American division of Juddmonte Farms. Known Fact sired around 25 stakes winners and his last standing fee was US$10,000 before he died in 2000 at the age of 23 after covering only 20 mares.
- Markofdistinction - European Champion Older Miler, Sire in Japan
- Warning - Winner of Gr.1 Sussex Stakes and Gr.1 Queen Elizabeth II Stakes
- Bold Fact - Winner of Gr.1 Nunthorpe Stakes
- So Factual - Winner of Gr.1 Nunthorpe Stakes
- Proud Fact – Winner of Prix Ceres
- Banshee Breeze – US Champion Three Year Old Filly
- Overarching – South African Horse of the Season (2005)
- Naughty New Yorker – Winner of Gr. 2 Red Smith Handicap
- High Limit – Winner of Gr.2 Louisiana Derby
- Brilliant – Winner of Gr.2 Jefferson Cup