Knut Ekwall (3 April 1843 in Säby, Småland province – 4 April 1912 in Säby), was a Swedish painter.
He became a pupil of the painter Ludwig Knaus in Berlin.
His works during this period were primarily for magazine illustrations, and were reproduced as engravings.
He returned to Sweden in 1885 and died there at the age of 69.
Known and/or accepted works
- Painting: The Fisherman and the Siren
- Painting: The Proposal
- Painting: The Reading Lesson
- Painting: Lost Luck, The Consolation or Away to School
- Engraving: The Fair Dreamer
- Painting: The Emigrants
- Emma Ekwall (Knut Ekwall's sister)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Knut Ekvall.|
- "The Proposal"
- "The Emigrants"
- "An den Gewässern von Gudbrandsdalen"
- "Festszene bei der Einweihung des Hermannsdenkmals. Nach der Natur aufgenommen von Knut Ekwall«. In: Die Gartenlaube. Illustriertes Familienblatt, 1875"
- "Efter skörden"
- "The Fisherman and the Siren"
- "Broken Luck"
- "At the Railway Restaurant"