Knut Jøran Helmers
|Knut Jøran Helmers|
|Full name||Knut Jøran Helmers|
|Born||7 February 1957|
Knut Jøran Helmers (born 7 February 1957) is a Norwegian chess player.
Knut Jøran Helmers became an International Chess Master (IM) in 1978, and was the seventh in Norway to take the title.
Helmers has competed at five Chess Olympiads (Team World Chess Championships) for Norway, in 1976, 1978, 1980, 1982 and 1984. In 1980 and 1982 he played on the first table. In these 5 tournaments, he played a total of 52 matches, and finished with 30 points after 15 wins, 30 draws, and 7 defeats. Helmers retired from active tournament play in 1986.
- Revansjen som glapp - Returmatchen Kasparov-Karpov 1986, Formatic A/S Fagbokforlag, 1986, ISBN 82-90431-00-7
- Sjakkleksjoner med Simen Agdestein, 1987, ISBN 82-496-0064-9
- Knut Jøran Helmers rating card at FIDE
- Some of Knut Jøran Helmers' games at www.chessgames.com
- Knut Jøran Helmers' games in Norway at NorBase
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|