Kircher in 2016
2 February 1969|
Hirschau, West Germany
|Other occupation||Mechanical engineer|
In 1998, he became a referee in the 2. Bundesliga. Kircher was then promoted to referee in the German Bundesliga for the 2001–02 season. In 2004, he became a FIFA referee. He officiated his first match on 8 September 2004; the World Cup qualifying match between Andorra and Romania (1–5).
Kircher studied at and graduated from the University Albstadt-Sigmaringen engineering department. He lives in Rottenburg, and is married with three children. His main job is working at Daimler AG, where he lectures.
- "Objekt des Monats Juni 2008" [Object of the month June 2008] (in German). tuebingen.de. Archived from the original on 7 June 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Knut Kircher" (in German). dfb.de. Archived from the original on 8 June 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Drei Bundesliga-Schiris gehen in Rente" [Three Bundesliga referees retire]. sport1.de (in German). Sport1. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- "Das Daimler Blog: Knut Kircher". Daimler AG (in German). Archived from the original on 6 March 2016.
- "Knut Kircher". 5 Sterne Team (in German). Retrieved 12 May 2016.
|This biographical article relating to German football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|