Kościerzyna railway station
Kościerzyna railway station in 2007
|Location||Kościerzyna, Pomeranian Voivodeship
|Operated by||Przewozy Regionalne
|Line(s)||201: Nowa Wieś Wielka–Gdynia Port railway
211: Chojnice–Kościerzyna railway
233: Pszczółki–Kościerzyna railway (closed)
Kościerzyna railway station is a railway station serving the town of Kościerzyna, in the Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland. The station is located on the Nowa Wieś Wielka–Gdynia Port railway, Chojnice–Kościerzyna railway. The train services are operated by Przewozy Regionalne and SKM Tricity.
The first line built from Pszczółki in the period of 1884 - 1885 reached Kościerzyna in 1885. Five years later, a line from Kościerzyna to Lipusz and Bytów opened. In 1901 another line reached the station (from Kartuzy and in 1928, a part of the Coal Line.
The station also used to lie on the Kościerzyna–Gołubie Kaszubskie railway until its closure in 1930 and Pszczółki–Kościerzyna railway. The station used to be known as Berent (Westpreußen) under German occupation between 1885-1920 and 1939-1945.
The station is served by the following service(s):
- Regional services (R) Chojnice - Brusy - Lipusz - Koscierzyna
- Regional services (R) Koscierzyna - Zukowo - Gdynia
|Preceding station||Przewozy Regionalne||Following station|
|Preceding station||SKM Tricity||Following station|
toward Gdynia Główna
- Media related to Kościerzyna train station at Wikimedia Commons
- Articles on Skansen Museum (PL)
- Photos of Skansen Museum
- Steam Museum (PL)
- Kościerzyna article at Polish Stations Database, URL accessed at 6 March 2006
- This article is based upon a translation of the Polish language version as of July 2016.
|This article about a Polish railway station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|