Tai in Las Vegas, January 2000
January 15, 1972 |
|Other names||Brooke Young, Blake Young, Carla Scott|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (160 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Mark Davis (m. 1997; div. 1999)|
|No. of adult films||101 (per IAFD)|
Kobe Tai (born January 15, 1972) is the stage name of a Taiwanese-born American former pornographic actress and adult model. She entered the adult film industry at the age of 24 and appeared in over 70 adult films between 1996 and 2003.
She was a contract performer with Vivid Entertainment. Her stage name was initially spelled Coby Ty, but Steven Hirsch modified it to make it sound more ethnic for marketing purposes. In 2011, Complex ranked her first on its list of "The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time".
Tai's biological mother was Chinese and her biological father was a Japanese soldier. She was adopted in Taiwan by American parents when she was five months old. She moved to the United States when her adoptive father, who was a Chief Yeoman in the Navy, was transferred to Del Mar, California.
In addition to her roles in porn films, Tai appeared in the mainstream movie Very Bad Things, portraying a stripper who is accidentally killed at a bachelor party. She has appeared on The Man Show and The Helmetcam Show. She did background vocals for Marilyn Manson's song, "New Model No. 15", on the album Mechanical Animals.
She attended the Big Apple Anime Fest, held in New York City in October 2001, for her voice acting role in the Japanese OVA Koihime parts 1 & 2 (playing the character "Nami"), and she was an Opening Night Guest of Honor along with Asia Carrera at the fest's Midnight Anime Concourse.
Awards and nominations
|1997||Hot d'Or Award||Won||Best American Starlet||N/A|
|2000||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Supporting Actress—Film||The Awakening|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene, Film (with Cheyne Collins, Evan Stone & Andrew Youngman)|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Actress (Single Performance)|
- Kobe Tai at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Kobe Tai (30 November 1998). Kobe Tai. Interview with Damon Shavers. Read Junk. New York City. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- Jared Rutter (2009-09-30). "Vivid's 25th Anniversary: How Steven Hirsch's Company Thrust Porn Into Mainstream America". AVN.com. Retrieved 2009-11-12.
- Gabriel Alvarez (2011-09-19). "The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time". Complex. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- "Kobe Tai". nndb.com. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- Kobe Tai at the Internet Movie Database
- "Porn Goes Public - Industry Trend or Event", The Industry Standard, November 6, 2000, by Kenneth Li Archived on Findarticles.com. Retrieved 2007-09-18
- "BAAF Wrap-up PR". Anime News Network. November 14, 2001. Retrieved 2010-05-20. External link in
- "Interview with Kobe Tai". Mentertainment.com. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "6ème cérémonie des Hot d'Or". Archived from the original on February 25, 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- "Cérémonies". hot-dor.fr. Archived from the original on 25 February 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "AVN 2000 Nominations". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2000-03-02. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- "Xrco nominations". AVN. 2000-03-14. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kobe Tai.|