Kobe Yamate University (神戸山手大学 Kōbe yamate daigaku) is a private university in Chūō-ku, Kobe, Hyōgo, Japan. The campuses are located in central part of Kobe.
- 1999 - Founded as a women's college with a department (Department of Environment and Culture, Faculty of Humanities).
- 2002 - It became coeducational.
- 2006 - Department of Urban Exchanges was established.
- 2008 - Faculty of Humanities was changed its name to Faculty of Contemporary Social Studies.
- 2013 - Department of General Social Studies was established in succession to Department of Environment and Culture, and Department of Urban Exchanges.
- 2015 - Department of Tourism was established in succession to School of Tourism, Kobe Shukugawa Gakuin University.
Faculty (Undergraduate Programs)
- Faculty of Contemporary Social Studies
- Department of Tourism
- Global Communication
- Tourism and Culture
- Tourism Business
- Department of General Social Studies
- Media Sociology
- Economics and Management Sciences
- Environmental Studies
- Interior Architecture
Coordinates: 34°41′38″N 135°10′42″E / 34.69389°N 135.17833°E