Koblenz railway station (Switzerland)
|Elevation||320 m (1,050 ft)|
|Owned by||Swiss Federal Railways|
Koblenz railway station (German: Bahnhof Koblenz) is a railway station in the Swiss canton of Aargau and municipality of Koblenz. The station is located at junction of the Turgi to Waldshut railway line with the Winterthur to Koblenz line and the freight only Stein-Säckingen to Koblenz line.
The station is served by Zürich S-Bahn line S41, which links Winterthur and Waldshut, and Aargau S-Bahn line S27, which links Baden and Koblenz, with alternate trains continuing to either Waldshut or Bad Zurzach. During peak periods, the station is also linked to Zürich Hauptbahnhof by Zürich S-Bahn line S19.
Because Koblenz is situated between the Aar and Rhine rivers at their confluence, the station is adjacent to two major railway bridges. The Waldshut–Koblenz Rhine railway bridge carries the Turgi to Waldshut line across the Rhine into Germany, whilst the Koblenz Aar railway bridge carries the line to Stein-Säckingen over the Aar.
- map.geo.admin.ch (Map). Swiss Confederation. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Verlag Schweers + Wall GmbH. 2012. p. 4. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- "S-Bahnen Aargau" (PDF). SBB. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- "Koblenz–Dietikon–Zürich HB–Effretikon–Pfäffikon ZH" (PDF). Bundesamt für Verkehr. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-03-13. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- "S-Bahn trains, buses and boats" (PDF). ZVV. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-02-22. Retrieved 2016-02-22.
- Media related to Bahnhof Koblenz (AG) at Wikimedia Commons
- Koblenz station on Swiss Federal Railway's web site
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|