|Release date||23 May 2011|
|Introductory price||USD $129|
|Operating system||Kobo Touch Firmware 3.0.1|
|Display||6 in diagonal,
|Input||USB 2.0 port (micro-USB connector),
AC power adapter jack
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)|
|Dimensions||165 X 114 x 10mm (6.5 X 4.5 x 0.4 in.)|
|Weight||6.5 oz (185 g)|
|Website||Kobo eReader Touch|
A new Kobo model featuring an infrared touch-screen interface was revealed on 23 May 2011 and hit shelves in the U.S on 10 June for $129.99. Other improvements include an E Ink Pearl screen, a faster processor capable of smooth PDF panning, 802.11n Wi-Fi capability, and reduced size and weight.
15 free previews of select books are included, rather than the 100 public domain books included on previous models. Like the original Kobo model, the Touch is manufactured in China.
- Screen: 6-inch (90mm x 122mm), 800 × 600 Pearl E Ink Display
- Weight: 184 grams (6.5 oz)
- Size: 114 mm × 165 mm × 10 mm (4.5 in. × 6.5 in. × 0.4 in.)
- Processor: 800 MHz Freescale i.MX508
- Storage Capacity: 2GB (1GB for content)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, MicroSD, Micro USB
- Formats: ePub, PDF, Adobe DRM, MOBI (only raw markup text), RTF, HTML, TXT, Comic Book Archive file, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF
- Kobo Store Library: Approx. 500,000 premium books and 1,800,000 free books
- Battery Life: up to 1 month (depending on usage)
- Ridden, Paul (25 May 2011). "Kobo launches new e-Reader Touch edition". Gizmag. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Husna, Haq. "Kobo eReader Touch Edition could push e-reader prices low, low, low". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Kobo eReader Touch Specs". Kobo Inc. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- FCC OET Exhibits List for Kobo N905
- Covert, Adrian. "Kobo Touch E-Reader: You’ll Want to Love It, But…". Gizmodo.com. Retrieved 17 June 2011.