Number of employees
Koch Media Film
The Koch Media group produces, markets and distributes digital entertainment products and accessories in Europe and North America. Its business areas include distribution of media products, including movies, software products and video games publishing under the Deep Silver label.
Koch Media has subsidiaries in Austria, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2013)|
The history of Koch Media includes the following milestones:
- 1994: Formation of Koch Media Germany and Austria, and of Koch Media Ltd. England by Franz Koch and Klemens Kundratitz.
- 1994: Beginning of publishing activities.
- 1995: Koch Media sells its first application software; more than 250,000 copies.
- 1996: Entrance into the games market.
- 1998: Formation of Koch Media AG in Switzerland.
- 2000: Formation of Koch Media Holding, uniting all business areas.
- 2000: Formation of Koch Media srl in Italy.
- 2000: Koch Media launches the first game that sells more than 1 million units (UK).
- 2002: Koch Media founds the games label Deep Silver.
- 2003: Koch Media enters the new business field movies.
- 2004: The Koch Media group's turnover surpasses 100 million Euros for the first time.
- 2005: Acquisition of French company SG Diffusion and conversion into Koch Media SAS in Paris, France, as of 01/01/2006.
- 2006: The Koch Media group's turnover surpasses 200 million Euros for the first time.
- 2006: Formation of Koch Media Licensing GmbH. The subsidiary focuses on retail and marketing of movie licenses, as well as distribution in the TV market.
- 2006: Koch Media appointed as Nintendo's preferred distribution partner in the UK.
- 2007: Koch Media brings a movie to German cinemas for the first time.
- 2007: To date, 1 million copies of the successful series The King of Queens have been sold on DVD and Blu-ray in the German-speaking territory.
- 2008: In April, Koch Media opens the North American branch Deep Silver, Inc.
- 2008: In July, Koch Media takes over the Spanish distribution company PROEIN S.L., which operates under the name of Koch Media S.L.U. as from 2009.
- 2009: Formation of branches in Scandinavia and Benelux.
- 2009: The Koch Media group's turnover surpasses 300 million Euros for the first time.
- 2009: Koch Media launches movie activities in Italy.
- 2010: Koch Media distributes F1 2010 and heads the weekly charts in France, Italy, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
- 2011: Koch Media launches movie activities in the United Kingdom.
- 2011: Under its publishing label Deep Silver Koch Media scores its first number 1 hit with the game Dead Island.
- 2013: Koch Media purchases Saints Row developer Volition as well as the publishing rights to the Metro franchise under its publishing label Deep Silver.
- 2014: Koch Media acquires Homefront IP from Crytek.
In 2013, Deep Silver attracted strong criticism for marketing the game Dead Island: Riptide with a statuette of a mutilated female torso, and for continuing to sell the statuette after initially apologizing for it.
- "German Trade Association of Interactive Entertainment Software (BIU) - official website". Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "Contact." Koch Media. Retrieved on September 13, 2016. "Headquarter Koch Media GmbH Lochhamer Str. 9 82152 Planegg Deutschland"
- "Offices - Company - Koch Media GmbH - leading, independent producer and marketer of digital entertainment products". Kochmedia.com. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "Koch Media Company page - History Section". Archived from the original on 2011-11-02. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "MCV UK Dead Island". Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- Goldfarb, Andrew. "THQ Dissolved, Saints Row, Company of Heroes Devs Acquired". IGN.
- "Deep Silver About Company page". Archived from the original on 2011-10-04. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- Corriea, Alexa Ray (23 April 2013). "Dead Island: Riptide edition with severed torso statue still available in Europe, Australia". Polygon. Retrieved 27 April 2013.