|• Chairman,Kuchinda N.A.C.||Sushree Rebati Balua|
|Elevation||220 m (720 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kuchinda is a town and a notified area council in Sambalpur district in the Indian state of Odisha. It is located about 80 kilometres from the district headquarters of Sambalpur and about 48 km away from Jharsuguda.
It has an average elevation of 220 metres (721 feet). National Highway 200 passes through the city. Nearby residential areas include Saida, Ghosa, Mantrimunda, Lad, Mahuldkihi, Kira and Satkama.
As of 2011[update] census, Kuchinda had a population of 15,576. Males constituted 51% of the population and females 49%. Kuchinda has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: Male literacy is 71% and female literacy is 60%. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. Purunapani is the most educated village of western Odisha, which is situated in Kuchinda block.
Among its educational institutes are :
- Govt. Boys High School
- Govt. Girls High School
- Saraswati Shisu Vidya Mandir
- Kuchinda College, Kuchinda
- Women's College
- Krishnapriya ITI (Technical)
- Sri Aurobindo Integral Public School
- St. Thomas's English Medium School
- Mission School
- Pillar International school
- "PinCode: KUCHINDA, SAMBALPUR, ODISHA, India, Pincode.org.in". pincode.org.in. 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kochinda
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "State Elections 2004 - Partywise Comparison for 132-Kuchinda Constituency of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies of Odisha" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 4, 2009. Retrieved 2008-09-13.