The village centre (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Kockengen in the municipality of Breukelen.
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
In 2001, the village of Kockengen had 2296 inhabitants. The built-up area of the village was 0.47 km², and contained 901 residences. The statistical area "Kockengen", which also can include the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 2480.
The name of the town is a reference to Cockaigne, a medieval fictional land of plenty.
Until 1989, Kockengen was a separate municipality.
- Cor van Oel (1899-1979), painter
- Gerard Vianen (1944), cyclist
- Janneke Vos (1977), cyclist
- Annemieke Kiesel-Griffioen (1979), football player
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 . (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005 . As of 1 January 2005.
|This Utrecht location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|