Type of site
|Cloud Development Environment|
|Created by||Devrim Yasar, Sinan Yasar|
|Alexa rank||18,473 (April 2014[update])|
|Launched||January 16, 2012|
Koding is a development environment automation platform owned by Koding, Inc. which allows software developers define their development environments in a definition file, called "stack script" this file then calls to various cloud providers to provision defined development environment. This file is visible to the entire team and can be updated by the administrators of the account. Environments that are provisioned by this file can be shared in a web browser without the needs of downloading the software development kits - developers are also able to download a command line tool called "kd" which allows them to mount provisioned VMs to their computers thus enabling development using developers' local IDEs. Since the platform is able to create linux VMs it supports multiple programming languages, including C, C++, Go, Java, Node.js, Perl, PHP, Python, and Ruby. name=ram
In 2009 Kodingen (the predecessor of Koding) was launched, which included most of the features that Koding has today. Later on the application was temporarily closed for further development, which resulted in Koding.
The first version of Koding was launched on 16 January 2012 as a private beta, then the public beta began on 24 July 2012. The final beta version of their single developer version was released in public on 7 August 2013.
On March 2016 Koding released their teams version, geared towards enterprises and teams of developers.
Koding, via their environment definition files, is able to create resources on cloud providers. Developers then are able to write code against those created resources.
- "Koding - AngelList". AngelList. Retrieved Nov 11, 2012.
- "Koding.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Anthony Ha (July 24, 2012). "Koding (Gradually) Opens Its Social, In-Browser Development Tools To Everyone". TechCrunch.
- "Koding". CrunchBase. Archived from the original on 2012-10-31. Retrieved Nov 11, 2012.
- Devrim Yasar (May 7, 2009). "Kodingen is open for beta testing!" (Press release). Kodingen. Archived from the original on March 21, 2012.
- Ryan Goodman (Jan 16, 2012). "The New Koding. Private Beta Has Begun!" (Press release). Koding, Inc.
- Robin Wauters (4 May 2012). "Koding unveils new cloud-based development platform (100 private beta invites)". The Next Web.
- Devrim Yasar (Aug 7, 2013). "Koding is now public!" (Press release). Koding.com.
- "Goodbye Koding Solo, Welcome Koding for Teams! | Modern Dev Environment Delivered · Koding". Modern Dev Environment Delivered · Koding. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- "Koding | crunchbase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- "Koding gets $10M to speed up development with its cloud-based IDE". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- Lawler, Ryan. "Koding Raises $7.25 Million More, Matrix Partners' Josh Hannah Joins The Board". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- Josh Constine (March 15, 2012). "Koding Raises $2 Million To Let Developers Program From Anywhere". TechCrunch.