|Birth name||Chris Child|
|Genres||Electronic music, IDM|
|Labels||5 Points Records|
Kodomo is the moniker for electronic musician Chris Child, an Emmy award winning full-time composer who lives and works in New York City. As Kodomo, he is best known for his work on the Harmonix video games Amplitude, and Frequency  as well as the iPod game Phase, which features Kodomo's "Spira Mirabilis." "Kodomo" (子供?) is the Japanese word for "child"—both a reference to his surname and the fact that he grew up in Japan.
Kodomo's first full-length album Still Life is a highly conceptual piece in which the music was all inspired by a set of photographs taken during Kodomo's travels in the US and abroad. The tracks are all titled using the photographic images rather than words. For example, Concept 13 started with a photograph that reflects the Fibonacci proportions that are repeatedly found in nature. These proportions were used to govern the musical composition in the melodic theme, the sonic texture, and even the pace of development of the piece. In this case, .618 is the governing number, and themes are introduced at these intervals, which give the whole composition a balanced and natural-feeling proportion.
- Still Life (2008)
- Frozen In Motion (2011)
- Patterns & Light (2014)
- "Spira Mirabilis" (2007)
- "Concept 11" (2008)
- "Decoder" (2011)
- "Mind Like a Diamond" (2014)
- "Concept 11 Remixes EP" (2008)
- Freezepop - Fashion Impression Function (2001)
- Freezepop - Hi-Five My Remix (2003)
- Freezepop - Maxi Ultra•Fresh (2004)
- Freezepop - Fashion Impression Function (2007 Re-Release)
- Emilia Sosa - Rhythm of Life Remixes (2007)
- OM Yoga Mix 2 (2008)
Kodomo's work falls within the genres of Ambient Techno, IDM, Electronic Music and Experimental Music. He was influenced by artists such as Erik Satie, Brian Eno, Kraftwerk, DJ Shadow, Boards of Canada, Cabaret Voltaire and J.S. Bach.
- "The Envelope - Los Angeles Times". Theenvelope.latimes.com. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "composer + sound designer". Chris Child. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Blogger". Robotgamer.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Kodomo biography". 5 Points Records. Retrieved 2015-03-25.
- "Kodomo » Releases » Mind Like A Diamond (Single)". Kodomomusic.com. 2014-06-24. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Freezepop". Freezepop. Retrieved 2014-07-23.