This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Environmental movement in South Africa|
Koeberg Alert is an anti-nuclear activist organisation formed in 1983 as a local campaign against South Africa's nuclear programme, in particular the construction of Koeberg Nuclear Power Station. It is possibly the country's first activist green movement, apart from Nan Rice's Dolphin Action and Protection Group. For years it was allied to the broader democratic and anti-apartheid movement. It currently organises various anti-nuclear campaigns, as well as participates in the wider anti-war and peace movements.
It was revitalised in February 2010 when it engaged with the National Nuclear Regulator over a visit by the nuclear submarine HMS Sceptre. In March 2010, the Environmental Impact Assessment process for the Nuclear-1 build was reaching its final stages with the release of the Draft Environmental Impact Report and Koeberg Alert is at the time of writing[when?] conducting public meetings to raise awareness about this, and aims to prepare several detailed submissions.
Koeberg Alert is part of a global campaign against nuclear power and has established links with organisations such as Earthlife Africa, Campaign Against Nuclear Energy (CANE) and Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. 
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Some notable people active in the organisation:
- Mike Kantey – former secretary 
- Keith Gottschalk – long-standing member
- Peter Becker – re-formed organisation in 2010
- David Fig
- Andy Pienaar
- David Fig (2005). Uranium Road: Questioning South Africa's Nuclear Direction. Jacana Media. p. 52.
- Hutson, Terry (9 Feb 2010). "Ports & Ships Maritime News". Archived from the original on 21 August 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "About KAA". Koeberg Alert. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Nuclear Energy / Power South Africa - The Coalition AGAINST". cane.org.za.[better source needed]
- "South Africa: Koeberg Alert". All Africa. Retrieved 29 February 2016.