|Kofi Owusu Dua Anto|
|Birth name||Augustine Kofi Owusu Dua Anto|
|Also known as||KODA|
15 December 1978|
|Genres||Gospel, Urban contemporary gospel|
Kofi Owusu Dua Anto (born 15 December 1978), known mononymously as KODA, is a Ghanaian gospel singer, songwriter, record producer and multi-instrumentalist from Takoradi.
Early life and education
KODA fell in love with musical instruments at a tender age then his mother enrolled him in a music class at the age of 10 where he developed his skills to play the guitar. He went to the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) where he became the mass choir director of the university.
KODA was also the music director and instrumentalist of the "Music Wing of Baptist Students Union", "KNUST's Simply Jazz Crew", "God's Instruments" and a leading member of "Da Project" which was a legendary Ghanaian contemporary gospel group then.
After tertiary education, he co-wrote, mixed, mastered and produced the exceptional album, 'Awurade Ei' for KNUST's "God's Instruments" at KODED studios, Takoradi, Ghana. The album received massive recognition in the country. It had great hits such as 'Awurade Ei (Se Woma Wonsa Soa), 'Tumi' and 'Onyame Ye D'awase'
He also worked on Nii Okai's 'Moko Be' and 'Gye W'ayeyi' albums which actually blew him up as a producer.
KODA has worked with many gospel artists in and out of Ghana including the likes of Nii Okai, "Pastor Joseph Gyebi", "Danny Nettey", Pastor Joe Beecham, "Daughters of Glorious Jesus", "Joyful Way Inc.", Pastor Helen Yawson, Yaw Osei-Owusu, "Ike Nanor", "Eugene Zuta",Jesse Jenkins, Diana Hamilton, Calvis Hammond among others.
KODA and "The Anointed"
The Anointed is a music group formed by KODA and his friends based in Takoradi. The group has supported many gospel ministries in the country and overseas.
KODA currently has four vocal and two gospel jazz albums to his credit. "Nyame Beye" which is the first and "Waye Wie" which had hits including 'Waye Wie', 'Zion's song', 'Poma', 'Amen' and others. His third album "Black & White" had many hits like; 'Guide Me O', 'Nkwa Abodoo', 'Obiara Nte Se Wo', including the controversial single, 'Nsem Pii'. His latest project, released in 2016, is OXYGEN containing hit songs like "Adooso " , 'Yaa Pae', 'Chimo'etc.
As a music tutor, he released a two instructional DVD on bass and lead guitar and also 3 live DVDs of his major concerts;'KODA live 2008', Black and White live 2013' and 'Oxygen Live 2016"
KODA is Married to "Ewurama Dua Anto" also an anointed singer with an album to her credit and they currently have 2 sons and a baby girl .
|Nyame Beye (God'll do it)||
|Waye Wie (He's done it)||
|My Passion - Christian Jazz||
|Joy - Christian Jazz||
|Black & White||
Awards and nominations
|Year||Event||Prize||Recipient / Nominated work||Result||Ref|
|2015||Ghana Music Awards||Record of the Year||Nkwaa Abodoo||Won|||
|2014||Africa Gospel Music Awards||Producer of the Year||Himself||Won|
|2013||Christian Community Music Awards||Song with a Cause||Nsem Pii||Nominated|||
|2012||Africa Gospel Music Awards||Producer of the Year||Himself||Nominated|||
- "Koda Set To Release Another Hot Single Tomorrow 1st May". Modern Ghana. 30 April 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "'Gye W' Ayeyi'-God's Instruments sing".
- "KODA - Obiara Nte Se Wo".[permanent dead link]
- "Churches frown on KODA'S "Nsem Pii" song".
- "All my friends have relocated to Accra because of music - KODA". Archived from the original on 2015-06-30.
- "KODA – Nkwa Abodoo (Bread Of Life) (Feat Nacy) (Live Performance)". ghanandwom.com. 17 March 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Myjoyonline's Gospel Music Review: Nkwa Abodoo ( Bread of Life ) KODA ft Nacy". Myjoyonline.com. 14 January 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Churches Frown On KODA'S "Nsem Pii" Song". gospelgh.com. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Ofori, Cwesi (2016-01-18). "KODA - Adooso". Gospelgh.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Afanyi-Dadzie, Ebenezer (2016-01-19). "KODA's 'Adooso' track tackles monetization of the church [Video]". Ghana News. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Adinkra, Fiifi (7 April 2015). "VGMA Industry Awards 2015 Winners". ghanandwom. Fiifi Adinkra. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "List of nominees for 2015 Ghana Music Awards". dailyguideghana. dailyguideghana. 28 February 2015. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "2013 Christian Community Music Awards (CCMA) – The Most Wanted". 233livenews. 24 April 2013. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Nacy, Ohemaa Mercy, Gifty Osei, Skuulfoo, Nii Okai, Others Nominated For Africa Gospel Music Awards 2012+Full List Of Nomination". newsghana. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2015.