3.3.6 / July 25, 2016
|Type||Web application framework|
Kohana was a PHP5 HMVC framework. Kohana was licensed under the BSD license and hosted on GitHub. It was noted for its performance when compared to CodeIgniter and other high-performance PHP frameworks.
- Cascading File System (CFS) allow class, configuration file and translation overloading from the system, module and application folder.
- ORM is an implementation of the active record pattern.
- Request and Response for either internal and external request.
- Routing to reverse URL and dispatch user request.
- Cache system compatible with multiple back-ends
Kohana development begun on 31 May 2007 when a few CodeIgniter community members decided to start a community fork of CodeIgniter, named BlueFlame. In June 2007 the project was renamed "Kohana" and in July version 1.0 was released without any documentation. The project leader left in August and development stagnated until September when a new BDFL was selected and an effort to rewrite the source code began. At that time Kohana had only 3 developers. Version 2.0 was released in November 2007, based purely on PHP 5.0 and a new OOP framework. Version 3.0 was released on 9 September 2009.
The latest version 3.3.6 was released on Jul 25, 2016.
Kohana was retired and declared "deprecated" on July 1st 2017.
After the deprecation of Kohana a fork called Koseven was created. It targets to be a compatible replacement of Kohana for the projects that still use it and don't want to perform migration to a different framework. Koseven focus is to keep fixing bugs and maintain compatibility with the latest PHP versions.
- "Kohana V3.3.6". kohanaframework.org. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Kohana on GitHub". Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Benchmark update: Cake vs. CodeIgniter vs. Kohana". Pr0digy.com. 2008-09-03. Archived from the original on 2009-07-14. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "VSCharts: Kohana vs. Zend Framework 2". VSCharts. 2014-08-04. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "Altabel Group's Blog: The Best PHP Framework". Altabel. 2012-03-12. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "Web Application Frameworks Comparison: CodeIgniter vs Kohana". Carbonated Interactive Inc. 2011-05-11. Archived from the original on 2014-08-09. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "History". Kohana Team. 2008-08-14. Archived from the original on 2014-08-08. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "KohanaPHP » Kohana v3.x » v3.0.0". Kohana Team. 2009-09-09. Archived from the original on 2014-08-08. Retrieved 2014-08-05.