Kohat University of Science and Technology
|Chancellor||Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|Affiliations||Pakistan Engineering Council, Higher Education Commission|
|Website||KUST Official Website|
Kohat University of Science and Technology (KUST) is a public sector university established in 2001 at Kohat District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan by the governor, Lt. Gen. Syed Iftikhar Hussain Shah.
KUST attained the status of degree-awarding institution vide NWFP ordinance No. XXIII of 2001 and the subsequent notification No. Legis: 1 (12) 2001/4451-56, of August 30, 2001.
It was founded with four institutes - Institute of Information Technology, Institute of Management Sciences, Institute of Education and Research and Department of Microbiology. These offered two-year and four-year Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degrees and two-year Master degrees fields, in 2004. Later on the university was expanded by establishing departments in Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology( Dr. Farzana Perveen has established department of Zoology KUST from the beginning and brings it up), and Microbiology. These departments offer BS (Hons.), M. Sc., M. Phil. and Ph.D. degree programmes.
The first Vice Chancellor of the university was Prof. Dr. Sher Ali Khan Shinwari (Late).
- Institute of Information Technology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Institute of Management Sciences
- Institute of Education & Research
- Department of English
- Department of Economics
- Department of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Center of Religious Studies
- Department of Social Work & Sociology
- Department of Biotechnology & Genetics Engineering
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant Sciences
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Pharmacy
List of Vice Chancellors from the date of establishment:
- Dr Sher Ali Khan Shinwari (Late) (2001 - 2002)
- Khalid Niazi (2003 - 2004)
- Ihsan Illahi (2004)
- Zabta Khan Shinwari (2004 - 2006)
- Lutfullah Kakakheil (2007 - 2010.
- Nasir Jamal Khattak (2011 - 2014)
Workshops are regularly organized by QEC KUST according to the need of the time for the orientation and implementation of Quality Assurance procedures.