Kohat University of Science and Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chancellor||Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Jamil Ahmad|
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), Pharmacy Council of Pakistan|
The Kohat University of Science and Technology (KUST) is a public university located at Kohat District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It was established in 2001. The university was inaugurated by the then Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Lt. Gen. Syed Iftikhar Hussain Shah.
KUST attained the status of degree-awarding institution vide NWFP ordinance No. XXIII of 2001 and the subsequent notification No. Legis: 1 (12) 2001/4451-56, of August 30, 2001.
The university was founded with four institutes - Institute of Information Technology, Institute of Management Sciences, Institute of Education and Research and Department of Microbiology. These offered two-year and four-year bachelor degrees and two-year master degrees in 2004. Later on, the university was expanded by establishing departments in physics, chemistry, botany, zoology (Dr. Farzana Perveen has established department of Zoology KUST from the beginning and brings it up) and microbiology. These departments offer B.S. (Hons.), M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D. degree programs.
The first vice chancellor of the university was Prof. Dr. Sher Ali Khan Shinwari.
- Institute of Information Technology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Statistics
- Institute of Management Sciences
- Institute of Education & Research
- Department of English
- Department of Economics
- Department of Pakistan studies
- Department of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Center of Religious Studies
- Department of Social Work & Sociology
- Department of Biotechnology & Genetics Engineering
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Plant Sciences
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Environmental Sciences
List of Vice Chancellors from the date of establishment:
- Dr Sher Ali Khan Shinwari (Late) (2001 - 2002)
- Khalid Niazi (2003 - 2004)
- Ihsan Illahi (2004)
- Zabta Khan Shinwari (2004 - 2006)
- Lutfullah Kakakheil (2007 - 2010.
- Nasir Jamal Khattak (2011 - 2014)
- Jamil Ahmed (2017–present)