Kohinoor (TV series)
|Directed by||Anshuman Singh & Nikhil Thakkar|
|Creative director(s)||Sushen Bhatnagar|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||60|
|Running time||approximately 25 minutes|
|Original network||Sahara One|
|Picture format||SDTV: 480i|
|Original release||September 5 – December 15, 2005|
Kohinoor is a 2005 mystery-thriller Indian television series based on the popular American novel, The Da Vinci Code. The series premiered on September 5, 2005, and aired on every Monday to Thursday at 10pm IST on Sahara One channel, starring Kuljeet Randhawa in the lead. It became a success due to its stylised promotions and marketing and was acclaimed for its noble story and theme. Besides, to promote the series, the channel launched a Diwali contest named "Kohinoor Ki Diwali Heeron Waali" from October 17 to 31, where it gave away 45 laks worth of diamonds to 300 randomly selected participants.
The story is of a young NRI Indian woman, Irawati Kohli, who lives in England and works for an art house. She comes to India in search of new things. Being raised in a foreign country, she knows very little about India.
Her life spirals out of control when she is charged with a murder. The victim turns out to be her grandfather who has left behind some bizarre clues. Now, to solve the mystery of his death, Irawati meets two strange men: Samar, a mysterious stranger and Karan, a besotted charmer. Suddenly she realizes that the Kohinoor, a most sought-after diamond taken away by the British, could be in India. And this could also be the reason of her grandfather's death, since he knew something about the diamond. Now the question remains: Will Irawati be able to find this invaluable diamond? And who else is looking for it so desperately that they could kill for it?
- Kuljeet Randhawa as Irawati Kohli
- Manish Wadhwa as Kali
- Amit Sadh as Karan Saxena
- Ashfaque Hussain as Naariyal Paani Wala
- Neeru Bajwa as Seductress
- Tarun Khanna as Rakesh Mehra (Neeru's Consort and Associate)
- Ankur Nayyar as Samar Khanna
- Murli Sharma as Abbas Bhai
- Zarina Wahab as Irawati's Mom
- Rahul Singh as Abhimanyu
- Ajinkya Dev as Shinde
- "Sahara One to replace 'Kohinoor' with 'Talaash'". IndianTelevision.com. 2005-12-14.
- "Sahara One ties up with D'damas for 'Kohinoor'". IndianTelevision.com. 2005-08-14.
- "Kohinoor: Diwali Contest on Sahara One". IndiaInfo: 'Goher Iqbal Punn. 2005-10-17. Archived from the original on 2009-06-01.